Final Fantasy XV Discussion and tips thread - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Gaming > General Gaming
Click Here to Login

Old 12-31-2016, 10:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Master Techie

Default Final Fantasy XV Discussion and tips thread

Figured I'd start this thread.

Can you recommend what to spend my ascension points on.

I did the long drive and the regroup ones but have about 200 to spend.

I just completed the first dungeon in chapter 2 I believe. About 6 hours in.

Metsphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 10:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Tactical Espionage Poster

Default Re: Final Fantasy XV Discussion and tips thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsphan View Post
Figured I'd start this thread.

Can you recommend what to spend my ascension points on.

I did the long drive and the regroup ones but have about 200 to spend.

I just completed the first dungeon in chapter 2 I believe. About 6 hours in.
I unlocked extra accessory slots. I also added the boosts to the assist meter and Ignis overwhelm skill to go with it. Overwhelm causes everyone in the party to attack so its super useful for larger single enemies.

Ghostsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 02:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Save all of your treasures. You don't know when you might need them later.
Sweet!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
lastplace09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 12:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master Techie

10 hours in and this have devolved into the enemy dropping from the sky, noct going into stasis then dying. The enemies all own me. Plus they are spawning like crazy. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I feel like I'm saving then restarting a lot.
Metsphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 12:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tactical Espionage Poster

Quote:
10 hours in and this have devolved into the enemy dropping from the sky, noct going into stasis then dying. The enemies all own me. Plus they are spawning like crazy. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I feel like I'm saving then restarting a lot.
Spend some time leveling. Use elemancy. Craft with one fire + debased coin or rare coin. This will boost the XP you gain Everytime the spell hits. Use this on high level enemies (easiest to do on hunts.) Try to hold off on sleeping until you have banked lots of exp then stay at the hotel at the beach that offers 2X exp bonus. It's expensive but you should have enough after doing 3-4 hunts. This will gain you anywhere between 5-10 levels depending on where you are in the game.
Ghostsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 05:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Quote:

Don't forget to buy food at the diner! It seems like it makes a huge difference in battles.
Sweet!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
lastplace09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 08:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
krazy Techie

So I guess I created this for nothing ....
Final Fantasy XV

If you want to make money in this game, sell your treasures, just make sure you keep at least 1-2 of each item. Some of these items will be used in upgrading weapons with Cid later in the game.
Increase the potency of your magic and how much you magic you get out of the thingys...w/e you call them.
The magitek troops are weak against lightning so if you combing your magic to over 100 of each element it goes from thunder to thundara and that becomes much more powerful.
Thundaga is the most powerful.
Here's a good way to start with your Ascension grid

I beat the game in 70 hours at lvl 58
I did a lot of side quests and hunts.
I never felt like I was grinding because I was having fun with the quests.
If you want more money, do the quests where the guy makes you take pictures, they're really easy and he pays well.
If you want a lot of xp, do the quests with the lady who makes you collect frogs.
Then sleep at hotels to get X2 XP for $5k or sleep at a motel for 500 for X1.5xp
MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
Sandisk Ultra II 960GB + Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + 2TB + 1TB WD Black
Samsung S8
PS4 Pro, PS3, Switch & New 3DS XL
55" LG OLED C6P
BenQ 27" XL2720Z
krazyq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 09:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Never played any of the Final Fantasy Games. Lately have been seeing others now getting into them. So, Guess I am asking where to start? Is there any actual order needed. Will be playing on a win10 64bit PC with a 1070 GPU with Mouse/Keyboard. Have heard the story and the visuals are pretty good, but the story is complicated/convoluted and episodes overlap but not always, etc. So- which game to start ? and is it worth playing an older game with poor mechanics, visuals, etc. to get the story or should I just google the story line, read up, and then play the better game versions/episodes that will work on my PC properly.
acerinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 10:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
krazy Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerinpa View Post
Never played any of the Final Fantasy Games. Lately have been seeing others now getting into them. So, Guess I am asking where to start? Is there any actual order needed. Will be playing on a win10 64bit PC with a 1070 GPU with Mouse/Keyboard. Have heard the story and the visuals are pretty good, but the story is complicated/convoluted and episodes overlap but not always, etc. So- which game to start ? and is it worth playing an older game with poor mechanics, visuals, etc. to get the story or should I just google the story line, read up, and then play the better game versions/episodes that will work on my PC properly.
None of the FF games area related to each other apart from X and 13 which had X-2 and 13-2 and 13 Lightning returns.
15 which is the latest one won't be out on PC for at least a year.
The old classic ones which were amazing for me were X and 7 however these were turn based so if you don't like that battle system you probably won't enjoy the game.
I wasn't a fan of any of the 13 games (they made 3 parts) it's more modern, still turn based but a little faster.
MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
Sandisk Ultra II 960GB + Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + 2TB + 1TB WD Black
Samsung S8
PS4 Pro, PS3, Switch & New 3DS XL
55" LG OLED C6P
BenQ 27" XL2720Z
krazyq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 10:20 AM   #10 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerinpa View Post
You can pick them up wherever you want. Each game is its own story and is pretty much exclusive from the other iterations. A lot of the lore and backbone of the series will be the same in each game though. So, for example, chocobos make an appearance in every title and the names of the magic abilities carry over. All of the games are RPGs, but the battle systems can vary significantly from one game to the next.

As far as the best game goes you will get a different opinion depending on who you ask. I think the most popular FF are 3, 6, 7 and 10.