Final fantasy 7 won't load!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate24

Beta member
Ok, I've successfully installed the game on my new computer BUT it won't load. Instead, the screen will go black and it will exit the game without an error message. I think it has something to do with my graphics card (64MB) because at the config page, next to 8-bit pallette textures, it says failed. I have an intel graphics card.

My computer and graphichs card are both fairly new so I know it's not a problem of updating my computer. Has anybody else had this problem?

Theres a bunch of stuff you have to do to get it working on windows XP, theres a fan made patch for it to get it working, google ff7 patch or something. The 8 bit thing happens on every card I've ever used it on so its no big deal, just means you cant use hardware mode.

The PC version of the game isnt very reliable or well done at all which is kind of a pain. If I were you Id get the playstation version by some method and then use an emulator to play it.

I've already downloaded the XP patch, still no luck. After I installed the patch, the game says I need the CD. This patch effectively makes the ff7 crack useless. My question is: are there any cracks out there that you can use after applying the XP patch, that is cracks that work on the patched game. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom