Final fantasy 7 remake, hope rekindled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyboy

Daemon Poster
Final Fantasy 7 HD remake planned? | Electricpig

Seems despite them saying it wasn't an idea they had planned, the boss of square Enix may have had a change of heart.

"During an interview at the Final Fantasy 13 launch party, Yoichi Wada admitted that Square Enix is “going to explore the possibility” of a Final Fantasy 7 remake.

Though Yoichi Wada didn't confirm that a Final Fantasy 7 HD upgrade will definitely appear, he said Square Enix has to decide “whether or not to do it, if we're going to do it and the platform.”

seems that's a rather strong statement to me.

I imagine Yoichi had that dream again last night. You know where he's swimming in the millions upon millions of dollars a re-make for FF7 on a PS3 (and I'd imagine ported to the 360) would make.:big_smile:

The FF7 fans have been demanding this for years.

In all honesty, considering the huge following that FF7 has, Square would be making a bit of money from this.

The FF7 fans have been demanding this for years.

In all honesty, considering the huge following that FF7 has, Square would be making a bit of money from this.

yeah I was thinking the same, a new game, **** they could use the FF13 engine now, no point wasting it. The money from a FF7 re-make as long as it was pretty much the same, along with merchandise, would give them a nice nest egg to use to develop new titles.

i'm still skeptical...square has said they are more interested in pursuing new and current projects and are not sure they want to pursue the time, money and staff required to do a quality job =-s rumors are rumors and i dearly hope that i'm proven wrong but i dont see it happening sorry...fanboys wishful thinking

As long as they do a straight remake. Don't change anything. Remember, FF7 was made back when the company was still "Squaresoft". It's gone through two reworkings since then, and personally, I'm more a fan of the old school Squaresoft.

well, if they are about to explore the possibility, I wouldn't expect it for at least 2 more years even if it does happen.

well, if they are about to explore the possibility, I wouldn't expect it for at least 2 more years even if it does happen.

aye, since interviews have also stated some designers or something feel that FF13's engine is pretty good, and that making a new one for every Final Fantasy is tedious and means release dates are far apart and they have to spend time coding everything and can't focus on storyline as much as they'd like. So they'd like to do a Final Fantasy 13-2, or at least use the same engine for FF15.

As long as they do a straight remake. Don't change anything. Remember, FF7 was made back when the company was still "Squaresoft". It's gone through two reworkings since then, and personally, I'm more a fan of the old school Squaresoft.

they'd need some minor changes, having a silent barely 3D game where everything is in text, is a lot different then a game which looks like FF13 and has voice actors and very realistic models. I think the language would have to change, and maybe tweak Barrett a little as some may now deem his character to be a negative stereotype, and obviously he swears a lot in FF7, which would have to change to darn/**** etc.

they'd need some minor changes, having a silent barely 3D game where everything is in text, is a lot different then a game which looks like FF13 and has voice actors and very realistic models. I think the language would have to change, and maybe tweak Barrett a little as some may now deem his character to be a negative stereotype, and obviously he swears a lot in FF7, which would have to change to darn/**** etc.

i think that was one of the better aspects of the game was barrett but look at Advent Chrildren, the charater models, voice actors are already there along with barrett's Political Correctness :crazy:

i am a big fan of the final fantasy series, final fantasy 7 was the first game i bourght for my playstation (had tomb raider bourght with the ps1 but i didnt like it) and that came to me kicked it off but to be truthfull they said about it befor.

it would be very nice for this to come about (and i would be first in line to get it) but i dont see it happerning any time soon, the rumor mill starts again

i think that was one of the better aspects of the game was barrett but look at Advent Chrildren, the charater models, voice actors are already there along with barrett's Political Correctness :crazy:

i am a big fan of the final fantasy series, final fantasy 7 was the first game i bourght for my playstation (had tomb raider bourght with the ps1 but i didnt like it) and that came to me kicked it off but to be truthfull they said about it befor.

it would be very nice for this to come about (and i would be first in line to get it) but i dont see it happerning any time soon, the rumor mill starts again

only thing is if they wait too long the generation which knows of FF7 may out grow gaming a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom