Final Fantasy 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majormiles

Baseband Member
Whats your impression on it?

Me, I could do without that bar thing (forgot what its called) but overall i like it.

PLEASE NO SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not bad, not like how slowly they introduce new parts of the game(upgrading, choosing your party etc), it doesn't really seem to open up until chapter 11, and the story itself takes like 5-6 chapters to really get going to me. A few also complain it's rather confused, though I'd say after chapter 10 it's summed up pretty well.

Ending was...meh, dunno felt it could be better, end speeches and stuff seemed a bit cheesy, but hardly the worst in the series.

Not really happy with the FF combat system. Feels like I am playing Tennis.
I know that there is some tactics and strategies with JRPG games, however i rather have some thing more dynamic.

If I am fighting a giant scorpion with lasers coming out it's tail, i am not going to be just standing there waiting 5 minutes for it to attack.

Not really happy with the FF combat system. Feels like I am playing Tennis.
I know that there is some tactics and strategies with JRPG games, however i rather have some thing more dynamic.

If I am fighting a giant scorpion with lasers coming out it's tail, i am not going to be just standing there waiting 5 minutes for it to attack.

this onw is actually a bit different, hence folk complaining. Although it is turned based it's very fast paced and an auto battle system basically lets the AI fight for you(and it makes very good decisions). The only real player input now is to switch paradigms, which you have to do in split second decisions later in the game.(paradigms basically decide what the character is doing, medic, commander, ravager, synergist, saboteur etc)

lol. But I think it's just personal preference, I don't mind turn based combat. People say it's outdated now and although worked for the earlier games, doesn't now. However Lost Odyssey's combat system is also turn based, actually more like the old games then FF13 as FF13 is rather fast paced and you don't wait for everyone to select moves, people can take turns out of order and it's so fast usually something is attacking something else. Lost Odyssey has the old 30 seconds of everyone standing still waiting for moves to be decided, really liked the game though.

i didn't like the battle system at first but the more i got used to it, the more i realize how versatile it really is.
you'd be surprised what you can do if you really learn to manipulate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom