FEB 20th 2013

Hopefully they'll address all these DRM rumours when they announce it. If there's no BC and they go overboard with the DRM I might be jumping off the Sony ship.

I would be willing to bet there will be no BC I think that is a thing of the past since they found they can get us stupid consumers to re buy stuff witch is sad because ps3 games are still very playable its not like it was jumping from ps1 to ps2 were it was night and day with quality and playability relating to the older games

I'm excited just to see the next gen. By the time PS4 comes out, the PS3 will have been out for 7 years. For the Xbox it's been 8 years. This is the longest strecth between consoles that I can ever remember. To put it in perspective, the Atari 2600 came out in 1977. The Intellivision in 1979. CollecoVision, Atari 5200 and Vectrix in 1982. Then the real breakthorugh and what I consider the birth of home gaming, the NES came out in 1985. The Genesis in 1989. The SNES in 1991. The Playstation in 1994. The Saturn in 1995. The N64 in 1996. Dreamcast in 1999. PS2 in 2000. Xbox and GameCube in 2001. Xbox 360 in 2005. PS3 and Wii in 2006.

For 30 years, four years has been the max amount of time between consoles. Now, with the Wii U, it's been upped to 6 years, but the real players (IMO) are the Playstation and Xbox, and those are sitting at the 7 and 8 year mark. A new generation is due and I am ready.

It's a simple tease:

PlayStation
February 20th 2013 | 6 pm EST