Favorite Game Features

Helldivers does cross save so much better than rogue legacy.

It is instant and completely seamless.

Sent from my blast processing t-781.afd Doritto chip from outer space.

This is an older one, but I loved the sanity meter in Eternal Darkness. It was a really cool concept in where the lower your sanity was, the more the game would mess with you.

It would range from subtle things like the camera tilting or the walls bleeding, to more extreme things in where the game would fake you out by showing false death scenes, fake game crashing, pretending to delete your save data of the Gamecube's memory card, etc.

I don't know if any game has tried to incorporate a similar system as the main draw to the game since then, and if so, it hasn't been to the level of Eternal Darkness. I know Arkham Asylum did some similar things during the Scarecrow sequence, but it was only for a few moments; the game wasn't built around it.

This is an older one, but I loved the sanity meter in Eternal Darkness. It was a really cool concept in where the lower your sanity was, the more the game would mess with you.

It would range from subtle things like the camera tilting or the walls bleeding, to more extreme things in where the game would fake you out by showing false death scenes, fake game crashing, pretending to delete your save data of the Gamecube's memory card, etc.

I don't know if any game has tried to incorporate a similar system as the main draw to the game since then, and if so, it hasn't been to the level of Eternal Darkness. I know Arkham Asylum did some similar things during the Scarecrow sequence, but it was only for a few moments; the game wasn't built around it.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent is similar. Doesn't do quite the same with fake game crashes/fake save corruption though. But keeping your sanity up is important throughout the game.

I loved how you played the different ancestors in vastly different historical periods too. Man that game was a fantastic and revolutionary.

X-ray bullet view in sniper elite is amazing and I could play this game over and over on that basis alone.

Sent from my blast processing t-781.afd Doritto chip from outer space.

Back
Top Bottom