Far Cry 2 FPS- Normal for setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stainer711

In Runtime
I was told that with a E7200 2.5ghz core 2 duo processor and a gtx 260 card stock i'd be able to play Far cry 2 maxed out at 45-60fps at 1280x1024. Well, I have my processor overclocked to 3.4ghz and my card overclocked to 650/1160. I have all settings on max and AA at 4x. I am getting an average of 47.6fps on the benchmarker, and in-game my lowest fps was 30fps. Does this seem normal to you guys? For those of you who have the game please post your specs and average frame-rates. My 3dmark06 score with my setup is 15200.

Those framerates are perfectly good. Antialiasing of any kind is extremely demanding and will drop FPS like nothing else.

Those framerates are perfectly good. Antialiasing of any kind is extremely demanding and will drop FPS like nothing else.

really? maybe AA on RTS games isn't so bad i always have then on full AA and i never see slow down, although then again i heard nvidia cards aren't so good at AA or something compared to ATI cards? Or was that only 8 and 9 series?

really? maybe AA on RTS games isn't so bad i always have then on full AA and i never see slow down, although then again i heard nvidia cards aren't so good at AA or something compared to ATI cards? Or was that only 8 and 9 series?

Nvidia cards typically aren't as good with AA as the ATi 4 series, and you'll see some framerate drop depending on the game. In a high end game like FC2 you'll notice some drop, but 47 fps average should be fine.

I have yet to see a game where turning AA on or off really made a visual difference?? Maybe it's just me but I never really see a difference. I do have perfect vision too so it's not like I am blind. Is there any games out there where turning on AA really makes a difference? Maybe take some screenshots to impress me otherwise?

I'm sure i saw some COD4 pics with AA off and AAx8 and it was noticable. Just try turning AA off and playing then AA on full and look at the edges of scenery, especially leaves on trees and at the points were shadows end, sometimes they are a bit pixelated when AA is off. ALSO objects moving, like blowing in the wind, such as trees leaves yet again but also flags and such, they should look cleaner with high AA.

AA and AF help, but games will always be pixelated :)

The pixellation issue only seems to "disappear" with newer games, because people are playing at larger, and larger resolutions.

My point is that whether you have AA&AF enabled or not, chances are the game will look the same regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom