Evolve

7 posts in (this being the 8th?) and I still don't know what 'Evolve' is about... all I picture is 4 survivors in an environment trying to kill one monster who is trying to kill them.

o_O;

You just described it lol. There will be different classes you can pick from that all have unique abilities. There are also will be a bunch of different monsters you can unlock. Keep in mind that the monster is being controlled by another player. The game is played in "waves" although there isn't supposed to be any interruption in gameplay in between the waves. In the beginning. the monster starts as somewhat vulnerable and must kill and eat things in the environment (which could include the players trying to kill it. Once the monster is ready to evolve after consuming enough, it needs to find a place to hide as the evolution itself leaves it completely vulnerable. As it evolves it gets stronger and stronger. I think there are two evolutions possible in each game.

Is this gonna be a full $60 game? cause it sounds like a XBLA/PSN game that I wouldn't mind spending $20 on.

After I see some game play footage, I will decide to pull the trigger or not on launch.

However, this sounds like the Left 4 Dead like game I've been hoping for on my platform of choice (PS4).

If it has silky smooth gameplay and mechanics, the story won't matter for me. Dead Space 2 or Left 4 Dead mp was fun as hella.

After I see some game play footage, I will decide to pull the trigger or not on launch.

However, this sounds like the Left 4 Dead like game I've been hoping for on my platform of choice (PS4).

If it has silky smooth gameplay and mechanics, the story won't matter for me. Dead Space 2 or Left 4 Dead mp was fun as hella.
hahahah silkysmooth you'd settle for riddled with herpies

You just described it lol. There will be different classes you can pick from that all have unique abilities. There are also will be a bunch of different monsters you can unlock. Keep in mind that the monster is being controlled by another player. The game is played in "waves" although there isn't supposed to be any interruption in gameplay in between the waves. In the beginning. the monster starts as somewhat vulnerable and must kill and eat things in the environment (which could include the players trying to kill it. Once the monster is ready to evolve after consuming enough, it needs to find a place to hide as the evolution itself leaves it completely vulnerable. As it evolves it gets stronger and stronger. I think there are two evolutions possible in each game.

Now that I read this Kotaku article, I am now interested. While now looking back and re-reading omo's post above... watching it and reading a few mechanics not previously mentioned here made it come full circle for me (specifically the alternative method of winning besides killing the 4 human players).

This now looks VERY enticing, will pick this up on PC at release.

Four Players Are Co-Op Heroes. The Fifth Is Their Giant Enemy. Fight!

P.S. The logo is VERY well done, reminds me of the L4D game logos used (I know its the same studio or a lot of the L4D veteran devs, but still).

Back
Top Bottom