Endless S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Crashes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaanish

Fully Optimized
Okay I bought STALKER newly today and I really like it, but i have a problem with it. It sufferes from an awful crashing problem. I cant even play for over 5 minuites without it just freezing, all sound going, and the PC just totally crashes. I have to use the power button to restart. Has anyone got an idea how to help with this problem? I am playing with the 1.0004 (latest) patch, and an X1550 low profile card, with celeron 3.2 and 1gb ddr 667 RAM. If anyone has any idea on how to help me, please reply...

Thankz in advance!!!

Maybe you have your settings to high? I play it on maximum and it never crashes on me. Maybe try uninstalling it also.

i would say that your machine is too slow. try turning the settings down. My machine Opty 165 1 gig ddr geforce 7900gs is much faster than yours and im stuck with low settings on 640x480 with stalker. Your machine may not be able to cut it. either that or it could be a memory error, but normally if that happens windows will kill the game and tell you.

i would say that your machine is too slow. try turning the settings down. My machine Opty 165 1 gig ddr geforce 7900gs is much faster than yours and im stuck with low settings on 640x480 with stalker. Your machine may not be able to cut it. either that or it could be a memory error, but normally if that happens windows will kill the game and tell you.
Your kidding right...Im on maximum at 1024X768 with a pentium d 2.66, 7600gt, and a gig of corsair ram. It runs pretty **** smooth.

Thx, but im getting really good FPS, definately over 30. Do you think it has anything to do with the fact that I didnt install it on the windows partiion of the drive (page file problem?)

Oh by the way it is a fully LEGIT copy. I have also installed the game three times. The most recent install is in a DIFFERENT directory to the first two.

that would have no effect. It could be a driver issue, or maybe windows just hates you.

and kahn i have a hard time believing that. are you sure that its maximum? 16x AA, full shadows etc etc. i doubt it.

I think there is something wrong with zmatt computer because my geforce 6600 runs STALKER on 1024x768 on medium setting.

He is claiming that he runs it on low settings at 640x480 with his 7900GS ........ LOL

Okay now im really ****ed off... Turnd on PC. Turned stalker on. Ran outside for 1 minuite. Crash. Rebooted. Re-installed graphics, sound and southbridge drivers. Reboot. open stalker. Start walking. Crash. Reboot. Open stalker. Set to lowest graphical settings. Walk slowly up a hill. crash.

I dont know what is wrong with this game but it is really ****ing me off. If things continue this way im going to start complaiing to GSC Game World.

Tried it again... ALL sliders to the bottom. Start walking for less than 1 minuite). Stop. Press F6 for Auto-Save. Game shuts down to desktop. No freeze or crash, just goes to desktop.

i guarantee you its your drivers cause when i first got the game i would lag big time on low settings then i got the latest drivers and now im running good again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom