Emulators and Roms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Masters

In Runtime
How many of you guys have emulators? I've seen the emulator for PS2 but can you actually get roms for it? Anybody know where you can get PS2 roms?

"Psx.exe..."

I was just about to make a thread about this subject when I saw yours.:p

I have allot of Playstation emulators. And you realy don't need a ROM for them. All you do is get a game for it, and put it in the CDROM, and open the emulator, and it plays. (Simple as that.)
Same goes for PS2, and any CD based console game.

I allso heared that they were illeagal unless you actually own a PS2. That's why most of them are free:D :cool:

yeah, but if you own a system then thats cool cuse then you could play the games in different rooms and stuff.

emulation.net for mac users, has just about every emulated console listed and available for download, for free in some cases.

Unfortunately there is no more PS2 emulation developement, and Connectix's Virtual Gamestation was shutdown by Sony which would have already had Virtual Gamestation 2 by now.

Other than that, at emulation.net, you won't find any games.

any Emulator that is emulating a system that usess CD's doesnt use rom's. thy use the actually CD of the game.

u can use CD images(.bin.cue/.iso/.img) and mount them on your computer using a virtual drive such as www.daemon-tools.cc or the virtual drive that comes with 'Alchohol 120%' ,alchohol is a free burning prog, and one of the best.

to find what your looking for, this is what i suggest...
try a web search for ('_______' bittorrents) or ('_______' mIRC channels)

and or try p2p prog's... Shareaza , Ares , eMule ...and search inside those fora cd image format.

"The scene..."

OK. Here's one, but be i was hoping that i could put up the one that was 800x600 resolution, but i'm having troubles with my vid card.:( So here it is:) :
Larashot1.jpg

Yeah! I know! it's terrible, but that's the way it turned out, OK!:( :cool:

did u know ?--> with EpsxE u can use different gpu or audio plugins, and config it for example- 4xAA ,and a lot other filtering(i forget the options, theres a lot of them(sharpening/textur stuff etc), and i havnt used it in a long time).

i made a shot once of Nemisis from Residen evil 3, from the intro when he fires the rocket from ontop of the train and thy zoom into his face and show all his teeth. i snapped it with all the filters on, it was awsome. i loved how thy made that guy, thats y im looking forward to Doom3, im not gana play it till i have a good comp that ima put together at the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom