electronic arts

Status
Not open for further replies.
EA's history of releasing buggy games and then never really getting them fixed.

BF2 FINALLY got the 1.4 patch that resolved most of its problems, but now EA is bringing out BF2142... so BF2 with basically be ignored and left to die (most likely). BF2142, according to the demo gameplay, is more like a mod for BF2 that a stand alone game, is buggy, plays slow.

EA is all about how much money it can milk out of people (demo was given to subscribers first, yada yada yada).

could be the support thing...

OR

could be that thing where EA was forcing it's employees to work mandatory 9am to 10pm

:D

It's good and bad. You know, for example, if you were a games dev start up, you and your guys would camp out at the office to get it all done. BUT, once you go corporate people don't want that...

I might offer them that...hire me for X amount ad I'll work those hours :D

i don't think anyone is really boycotting them either. maybe just ticked at their stance on customer support, which is poo, but peoplke are gonna continue to buy EA games. too many madden, nba live, tiger woods, ncaa fans out there for it to even bother them. thats why they act as if they could care less about fixing bugs and releasing updates/patches.

like trotter said they are all about the money. as long as people are buying their products and they are getting rich, why worry about what yout customers think, amirite or amirite?

they need to update there gfx engine like 2142 maxed isnt impreasive to me its the same engine as bf2 i really think they need to update the game a litle more and insteade of releasing an identical game to what they allready have with a diferent mode just release a new game mode such as destroy base in bf2 save u alot of money and maybe get a few more bf2 customer. i just think the whole bfseries is crap exept for 1842 its the only good one

we all know quake wars will rule =)

I will continue buying EA published games as they do own a huge share of the market. Also bigger developers cant be pushed around unlike dice who are now owned by EA. i refuse to buy bf2142 basically as I haven't liked their bf2 support. Also the fact bf2142 is just a bf2 mod and to me isn't even that fun to play.

atomic tofu said:
could be that thing where EA was forcing it's employees to work mandatory 9am to 10pm

Wow really? That sucks for their employees. Off to read the links someone posted to catch up.

do a search for "ea spouse" and you'll see... hehe

here are some :D

http://ea-spouse.livejournal.com/274.html
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/11/11/news_6112998.html

I think this has more to do with it than the adware/spyware in the games...what do you guys think? :beard:

EDIT: now...I say what I say up there because I knew some people who work for EA and I'm sure how they get paid is typical in the game industry.

They make around $75k a year right? Then when you make this salary, depending on how successful your game is, you get huge bonuses.

They'd spend all this time coding the games and then a month or so after it hits shelves, these guys drive around in brand new sports cars...I'm talking porsches, bmws, jaguars. FULLY PAID from those bonuses.

So yeah, it might seem bad but when you know what they get, it makes it hard to justify the complaint and understandable why EA would expect and demand such hours.

You know...? good debate issues though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom