The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

took this from amazons forum

Skyrim: Hearthfire announced: buy land, build a house, adopt children
Comments 7 Tom Senior at 03:21pm August 28 2012

Skyrim's next slice of DLC will be Hearthfire, an add-on that will let you buy a plot of land, build a house, design its interiors and then adopt children to turn that house into an eternal prison home. It'll be out on September 4 on Xbox, so probably about a month after that on PC. It'll cost 400 MS points on the consoles, which equates to about £3.43 / 4.80 Euro / $5.

It looks as though there will be a bit of crafting involved in building your new abode, but once the roof's on you'll be able to start converting it into a monument to your mighty exploits. You'll get to show off the creatures you've slain by stuffing them or nailing them to your walls. Once you've created the most terrifying taxidermy diorama possible, you can adopt children and raise them among the corpses of your enemies. That's parenting, Dragonborn-style.

I hate being nickled and dimed for dlc, but I think this sounds cool. It looks like a completely optional add-on. It's going to be Skyrim's horse armor.

I read an article about how much of FFVII in today's environment would have been parsed out as DLC. It's particularly irritating when the "DLC" comes preloaded on physical disk the game is released on. If it's on the disk, it should be free.

While it sounds cool, it's something that will be made as a mod by a few guys, come out before this DLC and be much better.

Back
Top Bottom