The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

madkhaos

Solid State Member

Anyone gonna play it ? In Stores 11-11-11 :thumbsup:

Graphics look amazing, Bethesda worked hard on this one.

Re: Skyrim - The Elder Scrolls

If they fixed the leveling system, I'm totally down; it looks sweet.

My two problems with Oblivion were:

1. The leveling system. It was absolutely retarded.
2. The game didn't give you a very good sense of direction. If you strayed from the main quest, it was like "hmmmm, what should I do?"

The parody song says it all. For most PC gamers, other games filled the gap while waiting for ESV.

Definitely looking forward to it. Half the reason I upgraded recently was to prepare for Skyrim :D

And I agree, I hope they've fixed the leveling system. Enemies that get stronger as you do, basically means no progress.
2. The game didn't give you a very good sense of direction. If you strayed from the main quest, it was like "hmmmm, what should I do?"
I like that about these games, though - Bethesda fills their games with side-quests, so just wandering about a bit will net you a quest :)

Well now it's random quest generation based on things you've done. Hopefully that works out well. To me it means we'll never run out of things to do but on the downside it could possibly mean many tedious quests with the same general stories.

Can't remember what the number was, but it was something like over 300 or 500 hours of gameplay lol...

Well now it's random quest generation based on things you've done. Hopefully that works out well. To me it means we'll never run out of things to do but on the downside it could possibly mean many tedious quests with the same general stories.
Basically this. Then again, that's all Elder Scrolls games are really with a main quest.

Mostly true, but there were a lot of unique and memorable side-quests (as in, not guild- or plot-related) in Oblivion.

Back
Top Bottom