Elder Scrolls Online for PS4/Xbox One

^ It's not really F2P, more Buy2Play, with some Pay2Win / microtransaction elements, since you still have to initially purchase the game; there's just no required subscription anymore.

I personally like the model of Buy2Play better than F2P. When a game is straight up F2P there are a lot of shady mechanics involved to get people to spend money.

I am still tempted by ESO but I think I need to spend some time with it at my friend's place first.

I think I may bite on this. I would really like to get into one of these more si i may try this adn if its not cool im going back to DCUO and hitting it hard I think since I love DC stuff

I wonder if lastplace is interested in ESO? I should text him. He's my main gaming bro right now

^ It's not really F2P, more Buy2Play, with some Pay2Win / microtransaction elements, since you still have to initially purchase the game; there's just no required subscription anymore.

I didn't know Buy2Play was even a thing! Goddam kids these days and their newfangled slangology. My F2P was more in reference to the lack of subscription since it was originally placed there. Do you think incentivising having a subscription is still Pay2Win? It doesn't sound like the benefits are all that crazy, aside from leveling a little bit faster. It may add up over time, but I guess I don't really see it separating the boys from the men, so to speak.

I didn't know Buy2Play was even a thing! Goddam kids these days and their newfangled slangology.
Meh it's pretty much what all normal videogames are, just a similar term for it.

My F2P was more in reference to the lack of subscription since it was originally placed there. Do you think incentivising having a subscription is still Pay2Win? It doesn't sound like the benefits are all that crazy, aside from leveling a little bit faster. It may add up over time, but I guess I don't really see it separating the boys from the men, so to speak.

Eh, I'd consider it still having somewhat Pay2Win aspects since you level up faster when you have a subscription, as well as some other bonuses. I wouldn't say the optional subscription is strictly Pay2Win but definitely similar.

I didn't know Buy2Play was even a thing! Goddam kids these days and their newfangled slangology. My F2P was more in reference to the lack of subscription since it was originally placed there. Do you think incentivising having a subscription is still Pay2Win? It doesn't sound like the benefits are all that crazy, aside from leveling a little bit faster. It may add up over time, but I guess I don't really see it separating the boys from the men, so to speak.

you will also get all DLC at least thats how DCUO was

Back
Top Bottom