Elder Scrolls Online for PS4/Xbox One - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Gaming > General Gaming
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-02-2015, 03:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Destroyer of Borst's Mom
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,032
Default Elder Scrolls Online for PS4/Xbox One

Is anyone getting this for PS4/Xbone? It comes out in a week June 9th.

A couple of my irl friends are getting it for the PS4 but they're super flaky and they're all out of Head & Shoulders.

Really on the fence leaning towards not getting it. I do like the idea of playing a MMORPG with a controller though.

Edit: Doesn't require a game subscription any longer. If you're playing on the PS4 you don't need PS+ to play it. But if you're on Xbone, you'll need XBL. Also, while PC and Mac players play together, people on the PS4 or Xbone cannot play with each other or with PC/Mac players. So only PS4 people can play together and only Xbone people can play together.
__________________

__________________

President Obama's favorite song of 2015 was Kendrick Lamar's "How Much a Dollar Cost". Reminds me of Adolf Hitler's favorite song in 1943, "How Much a Holla Cost".
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 03:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie
 
Omoplata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Planet Animosity
Posts: 9,504
Default Re: Elder Scrolls Online for PS4/Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Is anyone getting this for PS4/Xbone? It comes out in a week June 9th.

A couple of my irl friends are getting it for the PS4 but they're super flaky and they're all out of Head & Shoulders.

Really on the fence leaning towards not getting it. I do like the idea of playing a MMORPG with a controller though.

Edit: Doesn't require a game subscription any longer. If you're playing on the PS4 you don't need PS+ to play it. But if you're on Xbone, you'll need XBL. Also, while PC and Mac players play together, people on the PS4 or Xbone cannot play with each other or with PC/Mac players. So only PS4 people can play together and only Xbone people can play together.
I am somewhat interested in it. I used to play EQ back in the day on PC and even got the EQ MMO they put out for PS2. I like the idea a lot, but I am not sure I am ready to get back into the MMO grind. May never be ready for that matter. I am going to keep my eye on it and see what the reviews say. It would be fun to play with peeps on here though.
__________________

__________________
Behold the field in which I grow the f**ks that I give and notice that it is barren.
Omoplata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 03:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Destroyer of Borst's Mom
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,032
Default Re: Elder Scrolls Online for PS4/Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omoplata View Post
I am somewhat interested in it. I used to play EQ back in the day on PC and even got the EQ MMO they put out for PS2. I like the idea a lot, but I am not sure I am ready to get back into the MMO grind. May never be ready for that matter. I am going to keep my eye on it and see what the reviews say. It would be fun to play with peeps on here though.
Yeah, I think if I get into an MMO again I'll just go back to Guild Wars 2, which I may do.

I know I couldn't play ESO by myself so there'd have to be a few of you who are really into so we could play regularly...and I don't see that happening at all.

Another thing that concerns me is if I decide to stop playing on the PS4 then I can't transfer my character to the PC. I'm sure I'll have the PS4 for the life of the generation but MMORPGS are a long-term contract. I can still log into my WoW account and see characters from like 12 years ago.
__________________

President Obama's favorite song of 2015 was Kendrick Lamar's "How Much a Dollar Cost". Reminds me of Adolf Hitler's favorite song in 1943, "How Much a Holla Cost".
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 03:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lord Techie
 
Omoplata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Planet Animosity
Posts: 9,504
Default Re: Elder Scrolls Online for PS4/Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Yeah, I think if I get into an MMO again I'll just go back to Guild Wars 2, which I may do.

I know I couldn't play ESO by myself so there'd have to be a few of you who are really into so we could play regularly...and I don't see that happening at all.

Another thing that concerns me is if I decide to stop playing on the PS4 then I can't transfer my character to the PC. I'm sure I'll have the PS4 for the life of the generation but MMORPGS are a long-term contract. I can still log into my WoW account and see characters from like 12 years ago.
I honestly don't know how this game is going to last without monthly subscriptions. How are they going to support ongoing maintenance and updates?
__________________
Behold the field in which I grow the f**ks that I give and notice that it is barren.
Omoplata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 03:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Destroyer of Borst's Mom
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,032
Default Re: Elder Scrolls Online for PS4/Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omoplata View Post
I honestly don't know how this game is going to last without monthly subscriptions. How are they going to support ongoing maintenance and updates?
Taken from the Wikipedia page:

Quote:
Aside from the initial game price, there will be an optional subscription called "ESO Plus" which grants free access to all current and future downloadable content (DLC) and a monthly allotment of 1500 Crowns, the in-game currency as long as the player stays subscribed. The DLC will also be available for separate purchase in the Crown Store. Additionally, the optional subscription grants various perks that allow players to progress slightly faster than a free player.
__________________

President Obama's favorite song of 2015 was Kendrick Lamar's "How Much a Dollar Cost". Reminds me of Adolf Hitler's favorite song in 1943, "How Much a Holla Cost".
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 04:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lord Techie
 
Omoplata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Planet Animosity
Posts: 9,504
Default Re: Elder Scrolls Online for PS4/Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Taken from the Wikipedia page:
Interesting. Quasi-pay to win model.
__________________
Behold the field in which I grow the f**ks that I give and notice that it is barren.
Omoplata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 04:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Destroyer of Borst's Mom
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,032
Default Re: Elder Scrolls Online for PS4/Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omoplata View Post
Interesting. Quasi-pay to win model.
Yeah and I'm sure they sell cosmetic crap and goods that are not pay-to-win. That stuff sells really well in gaming today.

GW2 doesn't have any sort of a subscription models but they sell cosmetic crap, in-game toys, etc and it supports the game.
__________________

President Obama's favorite song of 2015 was Kendrick Lamar's "How Much a Dollar Cost". Reminds me of Adolf Hitler's favorite song in 1943, "How Much a Holla Cost".
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 05:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lord Techie
 
Omoplata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Planet Animosity
Posts: 9,504
Default Re: Elder Scrolls Online for PS4/Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Yeah and I'm sure they sell cosmetic crap and goods that are not pay-to-win. That stuff sells really well in gaming today.

GW2 doesn't have any sort of a subscription models but they sell cosmetic crap, in-game toys, etc and it supports the game.
My brother used to play the crap out of Guild Wars. I wanted to check that and League of Legends out, but I just don't have a good pc to play most games now.
__________________
Behold the field in which I grow the f**ks that I give and notice that it is barren.
Omoplata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 07:03 AM   #9 (permalink)
Evil Made Flesh
 
slaychandim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 7,241
Default Re: Elder Scrolls Online for PS4/Xbox One

DCUO has the same thing also. I had a sub to that for like 3 months
__________________
I will pee in your soup
Like My Posts Please i Will Like Yours
slaychandim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 09:05 AM   #10 (permalink)
Both Filthy and Casual
 
PopoChubbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Middle Earth
Posts: 1,755
Default Re: Elder Scrolls Online for PS4/Xbox One

I almost knee-jerked when this was initially announced WAAAY back when, and you could reserve the Super-Legendary-Elder-Elder pack with a free in-game mudcrab buddy. You could also be Imperial as any race or something like that. It was also back when there was a subscription involved, which is what actually turned me off of the idea of buying it (barely), and I later came to be relieved when it did not do so well and eventually went FtP anyway. I'm likely in the same boat as you guys, holding out for reviews and such, and with Fallout 4 on the horizon, it may still take a back seat because I've never played a Fallout game, and I know this has been eagerly anticipated.
__________________

PopoChubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS GTA 5 PS4 $50 and The Last of Us Remastered PS4 Digital Copy $20 krazyq Buy/Sell/Trade and Hot Deals 1 11-29-2014 01:00 AM
The Elder Scrolls: Online PP Mguire MMORPG Gaming 161 04-09-2014 07:22 AM
Elder scrolls:morrowind stunted magika Panchito PC Gaming 1 04-19-2004 09:57 AM
Elder scrolls III morrowind vo1c0m3 PC Gaming 2 03-11-2004 11:11 PM
elder scrolls III morrowind (pc) vo1c0m3 PC Gaming 0 03-06-2004 02:23 PM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.