Elder Scrolls Online for PS4/Xbox One

Rider

Destroyer of Borst's Mom
Is anyone getting this for PS4/Xbone? It comes out in a week June 9th.

A couple of my irl friends are getting it for the PS4 but they're super flaky and they're all out of Head & Shoulders.

Really on the fence leaning towards not getting it. I do like the idea of playing a MMORPG with a controller though.

Edit: Doesn't require a game subscription any longer. If you're playing on the PS4 you don't need PS+ to play it. But if you're on Xbone, you'll need XBL. Also, while PC and Mac players play together, people on the PS4 or Xbone cannot play with each other or with PC/Mac players. So only PS4 people can play together and only Xbone people can play together.

Last edited:
Is anyone getting this for PS4/Xbone? It comes out in a week June 9th.

A couple of my irl friends are getting it for the PS4 but they're super flaky and they're all out of Head & Shoulders.

Really on the fence leaning towards not getting it. I do like the idea of playing a MMORPG with a controller though.

Edit: Doesn't require a game subscription any longer. If you're playing on the PS4 you don't need PS+ to play it. But if you're on Xbone, you'll need XBL. Also, while PC and Mac players play together, people on the PS4 or Xbone cannot play with each other or with PC/Mac players. So only PS4 people can play together and only Xbone people can play together.

I am somewhat interested in it. I used to play EQ back in the day on PC and even got the EQ MMO they put out for PS2. I like the idea a lot, but I am not sure I am ready to get back into the MMO grind. May never be ready for that matter. I am going to keep my eye on it and see what the reviews say. It would be fun to play with peeps on here though.

I am somewhat interested in it. I used to play EQ back in the day on PC and even got the EQ MMO they put out for PS2. I like the idea a lot, but I am not sure I am ready to get back into the MMO grind. May never be ready for that matter. I am going to keep my eye on it and see what the reviews say. It would be fun to play with peeps on here though.

Yeah, I think if I get into an MMO again I'll just go back to Guild Wars 2, which I may do.

I know I couldn't play ESO by myself so there'd have to be a few of you who are really into so we could play regularly...and I don't see that happening at all.

Another thing that concerns me is if I decide to stop playing on the PS4 then I can't transfer my character to the PC. I'm sure I'll have the PS4 for the life of the generation but MMORPGS are a long-term contract. I can still log into my WoW account and see characters from like 12 years ago.

Yeah, I think if I get into an MMO again I'll just go back to Guild Wars 2, which I may do.

I know I couldn't play ESO by myself so there'd have to be a few of you who are really into so we could play regularly...and I don't see that happening at all.

Another thing that concerns me is if I decide to stop playing on the PS4 then I can't transfer my character to the PC. I'm sure I'll have the PS4 for the life of the generation but MMORPGS are a long-term contract. I can still log into my WoW account and see characters from like 12 years ago.

I honestly don't know how this game is going to last without monthly subscriptions. How are they going to support ongoing maintenance and updates?

I honestly don't know how this game is going to last without monthly subscriptions. How are they going to support ongoing maintenance and updates?

Taken from the Wikipedia page:

Aside from the initial game price, there will be an optional subscription called "ESO Plus" which grants free access to all current and future downloadable content (DLC) and a monthly allotment of 1500 Crowns, the in-game currency as long as the player stays subscribed. The DLC will also be available for separate purchase in the Crown Store. Additionally, the optional subscription grants various perks that allow players to progress slightly faster than a free player.

Interesting. Quasi-pay to win model.

Yeah and I'm sure they sell cosmetic crap and goods that are not pay-to-win. That stuff sells really well in gaming today.

GW2 doesn't have any sort of a subscription models but they sell cosmetic crap, in-game toys, etc and it supports the game.

Yeah and I'm sure they sell cosmetic crap and goods that are not pay-to-win. That stuff sells really well in gaming today.

GW2 doesn't have any sort of a subscription models but they sell cosmetic crap, in-game toys, etc and it supports the game.
My brother used to play the crap out of Guild Wars. I wanted to check that and League of Legends out, but I just don't have a good pc to play most games now.

I almost knee-jerked when this was initially announced WAAAY back when, and you could reserve the Super-Legendary-Elder-Elder pack with a free in-game mudcrab buddy. You could also be Imperial as any race or something like that. It was also back when there was a subscription involved, which is what actually turned me off of the idea of buying it (barely), and I later came to be relieved when it did not do so well and eventually went FtP anyway. I'm likely in the same boat as you guys, holding out for reviews and such, and with Fallout 4 on the horizon, it may still take a back seat because I've never played a Fallout game, and I know this has been eagerly anticipated.

Back
Top Bottom