EA wants playtesters in Vancover

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha oh the bugs... i don't think id like that job very much. id play test for Activision but not ea.

also its not just to vancouver area its to canadians in general.

I signed up, might as well, nothing to lose. Although it says if selected you will recieve dinner and your choice of game to test, im thinking, now how the **** would i go to one of those dinners lol, not gonna happen where i live.

Sounds like it'd be an easy job then :p

how do you figure that? more bugs = more work

and for those that don't know
"In 2004, Electronic Arts was criticized for employees working extraordinarily long hours—up to 100 hours per week— and not just at "crunch" times leading up to the scheduled releases of products. The publication of the EA Spouse blog, with criticisms such as "The current mandatory hours are 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.—seven days a week—with the occasional Saturday evening off for good behaviour (at 6:30 p.m.)".[17] The company has since settled a class action lawsuit brought by game artists to compensate for "unpaid overtime".[18] The class was awarded $15.6 million. As a result, many of the lower-level developers (artists, programmers, producers, and designers) are now working at an hourly rate. A similar suit brought by programmers was settled for $14.9 million.[19]"

EA has been getting worse and worse every year as far as bugs with their PC games. I wouldnt want to test for them.
smiley.gif

Actually that is most likely why they are looking for testers in the first place.

I would sign up, but I really don't game that much as I used to any more.

One thing is for sure, by the looks at the last couple of years titles....they definitely could use some good play testers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom