EA sends illegal gifts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hefemeister

Lord Techie,
Pens? Snore. T-shirts? Boring. Notepads? Been there, done that. Thinking up creative ideas for promotional tchotchkes can't be easy, but someone at uber-publisher Electronic Arts went a little too far last week.

The game in question: Godfather II, a Grand Theft Auto-style adventure based on the famous movie. The offending item: a set of brass knuckles, mailed to video games journalists together with other goodies including a cigar, a silk handkerchief, and a book of matches. But while it nicely complements the game's mafiosi theme, it also had the unfortunate side-effect of turning recipients of the mailing into criminals, as mere possession of brass knuckles is illegal in many states and can carry hefty penalties.

Source

LOL

tbh I think it would be raw to get some brass knuckles... don't think they should be illegal, though... not like they're more dangerous than a knife, although their only use is for violence (but would still be cool to have them)

Too bad since they're from EA you can only use them 3 times and then the DRM in them kicks in and you have to call customer support to re-activate your brass knuckle set.

LOL

tbh I think it would be raw to get some brass knuckles... don't think they should be illegal, though... not like they're more dangerous than a knife, although their only use is for violence (but would still be cool to have them)

Sorry to say but you have never seen what a set of Brass Knuckles can do if that is how you feel. I have seen and used them before, i can tell you first hand, Brass Knuckles are far more dangerous than a knife.

A knife you can stab and slash. Depending on the length you might be a threat for someones life.

1 well places punch to the temple with a set of brass knuckles on is death.

Not to mention the other things that they can do. The amount of damage they can cause. Yeah they are something serious to really be considered. I have 4 sets of them here. I keep 2 in my PC room and 2 in my Bedroom for the nights when i am home with the baby for our protection.

Their only use isnt for violence. Ever see what a set can do to tenderize a steak?

But seriously, these things are seriously bad news for someone who can use them. Even more than a knife.

Sorry to say but you have never seen what a set of Brass Knuckles can do if that is how you feel. I have seen and used them before, i can tell you first hand, Brass Knuckles are far more dangerous than a knife.

A knife you can stab and slash. Depending on the length you might be a threat for someones life.

1 well places punch to the temple with a set of brass knuckles on is death.

Not to mention the other things that they can do. The amount of damage they can cause. Yeah they are something serious to really be considered. I have 4 sets of them here. I keep 2 in my PC room and 2 in my Bedroom for the nights when i am home with the baby for our protection.

Their only use isnt for violence. Ever see what a set can do to tenderize a steak?

But seriously, these things are seriously bad news for someone who can use them. Even more than a knife.

1 well placed knife to the temple will also = death

but I get what you're saying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom