Dreamcast Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

trippLIKEiDO

Beta member
Not sure if this is the right place for this, or if there is a right place here:

Does anyone here know anything about the dreamcast? I know that all the phone jacks in my house have a special adapter plugged in for the DSL, and I know that the dreamcast has a 56k modem inside it. I just purchased one today, and I have a few questions. Are there still places to play dreamcast games online? If so, does it still require a subscription? Also, is there any way to use my DSL connection I use on my computer? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

i used the Dreamcast a few years back on dial up.. u dont need any subscription to playonline, u just need a internet connection.

not shur about DSL, maybe the DC has an adapter u can get for that.

i was just wondering what game on DC are u tring to play online?

i do remeber some ppl used a broad band adapter for dreamcast, so thy do have adapters for it..

do u have a computer adiquitly capable of playing Q3 and unreal?
if so, i highly suggest using that instead, the graphics on the pc are much better, and there are a lot more servers to use... especally since thy turned off seganet, only servers for DC avalible now are custom servers(well for Q3 anyway, thats what i played it on).

what are your computer specs? most comps can play Quake and unreal, thy arnt graphic demanding games.

trippLIKEiDO said:
Does anyone here know anything about the dreamcast?
Last time I checked, Dreamcast died when SEGA desided to stop doing consoles, and focused their efforts on game development.

Still trying to get over seeing Sonic The Hedgehog on a Nintendo platform. It just does not look right to me.

Sega discontinued their online escapades a while back. You can still browse the internet but you can't play any games online. Sorry if I burst your bubble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom