Dreaaamcast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was sorta obvious that Dreamcast was on a bad route. Man that system was selling for 200$, in september i seen it selling for under 50$ brand new.

A major cause of it's death was the pirating of games, later they added extra security to prevent the pirating, but by that time it was too late.

Yadgadge said:
A major cause of it's death was the pirating of games, later they added extra security to prevent the pirating, but by that time it was too late.

Oh I see, plus the crappy release date huh? well my friend used to have one of those and we played UFC all night. Good times

Well, i dont think it has anything to do with the release date. Because if something is good, then it dont matter when it came out. Basicly all Dreamcast games suck. Thats the down fall.

yes Dc was the best, best games, best graphics and all, but it was the release date that killed it, because more than "hardcore" gamers buy a PS2 or xbox, and everyone bought the n64s and ps1s or got them for xmas and stuff and then no one realized how much better it was at the time so no one had the need to go out and get another system for a casual gamer. and the internet play could have made the system if they had advertised it and made it work better, many people still dont know that it had online capabilities. virtua tennis, crazy taxi, Unreal, and all teh other games listted above are great classics, better than what the others had to offer, mario cart and nfl blitz for n64 and THPS for ps1.

Sega made a bad choice by releasing it right before PS2 was released so it didn't get very popular.

-Dan The Man

OIDanTheManIO said:
Sega made a bad choice by releasing it right before PS2 was released so it didn't get very popular.

-Dan The Man

Then when do you think they should have released it? Sony has so much leverage in the console wars that it's a uphill battle. If they released the Dreamcast after Sony released the PS2 then I believe they could not achieve high sales...probably if they released along side the PS2 date they "could have been a contender." And that's a big if.....

"Dont have a cowmutant..."

Yon said:
Dreamcast was never good
Althogh i STRONGLY disagree with you, Dreamcast had allot of stupid factors as a console. For one, the fact that MOST of the f*king games couldn't even run without a $40.00 Memmory pack! ... That's all i can think of right now. :confused: :cool:

Another game I liked on DC was Skies of Arcadia, I guess there's a GameCube port for it now.

Even if Dreamcast was released with PS2, Dreamcast would still of got owned. Dreamcast never had a future, PS2 and Xbox have all the best games. Even if standing with them, Dreamcast dident stand a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom