doom 3 a bust?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giancarlo said:
It is all an opinion. You shouldn't take what they say at heart. Listen to what you think, don't let others direct that for you. That's my philosophy in life.

I agree with that... however.. I believe it would be a much better FPS.......... IF............. the developers didn't make 90% of the game play in pitch black.... they tried to make it realistic and scary, but it backfired and actually degraded the gameplay. From 'enjoyable & fun' to 'oh man I can't see where the hell I'm going so I gotta put down my weapon and turn on my flashlight.... O crap I'm getting hit from behind... gotta switch weapons now and turn around shoot in the dark blindly and hopefully I'll hit something before all my freakin health is gone... ok now that it's dead I gotta switch back to the flashlight'. Exaggeration? maybe a little.... but I bet there's people who played the game that feels the same way.
The graphics is great though, however, again I think it would of been better if they made the environment... a little more... how do you say? Simple? Rather than being surrounded by extraordinary complexed walls and structures, every room you enter.
But yea, getting back to my point.. the gd game is way too dark yO... lol.

I wouldn't say the whole game is dark. There are two or three places where it is DARK. But I think that is just the design of the level. As long as the flashlight doesn't burnout (and it doesn't) there's nothing to worry about. I think its just like those little horror houses you see at carnivals. You roll around until you see a light and then a scary monster jumps out at cha.

If you keep your flashlight button handy, you can switch back to your desired weapon pretty easily. I use a Nostromo gamepad, so its pretty easy to reach many more buttons that the keyboard. You just have to remember what weapon you are using when you switch to the flashlight.

The best part of that game is going Rocky style on those monsters and punching them until they explode.

The blood and how hard the monsters hit you make it seem like it takes a ton of health, when in fact its just a couple points

I liked it for what it was, it started off really good but got a little repetitive around the middle, the last few levels were really good though I thought. At least the graphics were amazing and other really good games could evolve out of it's engine

veritas
i totally agree with u man
its takes the right time circumstances and mood to enjoy games (some)

while some games change ur mood when u play it.

so its like sometimes u play for the game and sometimes u play games for u.

uhhhhhhh i i thing u guys can understand what i mean , it just doesn't fit in words.

It was really shit, I had to turn brightness to maximum to actually see something..
How its possible it needs on the top hardware to run when there is only black screen on the monitor?
Thumbs down..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom