DoD(Day Of Defeat) Questions/Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

T0t

In Runtime
Allright, well I've been experiencing some difficulties while playing the mod Day Of Defeat. Counter-Strike also performs the same way.

1) Well, first of all I only get 60-71 fps(mostly gets stuck on 71 and doesnt go any higher) Below are my specs. I think I should be getting atleast 80-90 fps based on my specs but it doesnt go any higher than 71 fps. Help.

2) Allright well I started playing a few days ago. It wasnt until yesterday that I learnt how to check my fps. Heres the problem. When I asked inside the server while playing a game they told me to put in "gg fps" into the console. As soon as I put that in it said something about a demo and the game kicked me out. Now Im thinking someone in the server played a joke on me or something since he/she saw I was new. Now, what exactly does putting in "gg fps" into a game console do? Can that little "joke" cause system errors or any kind of system malfunctions? Thanks in advance.

SPECS:
Windows XP HOME Service Pack 2
AMD Athlon 64 3200+
2 case sleeve fans 8x8
Abit Kv8-Pro VIA KT-800
512 MB Kingston 400mhz DDR Ram
Maxtor 160gb 7200rpm (8mb SATA-150) HD
Sony 16x dvd
NEC DVDRW +/- 8x
600 watt subwoofer + speakers
1.44mb floppy
Multimedia Keyboard
Optical Mouse
Thermal Meter
6 in 1 card reader
Blue Bold Cathode neon light
Orion 420Watt psu
ATI Radeon 9800 PRO
Nec 17' LCD Display

gg XXX just plays a demo and cannot cause system errors

About your FPS, HL engine locks the FPS, you can get around this by the FPS MAX 99 command I believe

What do you mean plays a demo? Mind explaining abit more?

And what exactly is the fps max command? FPS_Max 99? something along those lines?

Turn off Vertical Sync if you havent done so already. then put this command in console "fps_map 101"

Judging by you're new you probably dont have proper rates.
Many people suggest rate 25000 cl_cmdrate 101 cl_updaterate 101 but I personally prefer rate 35000 cl_cmdrate 40 cl_updaterate 40. Its all personal preference.

Playing a demo is just a recorded portion of playing the game so if you record your self playing then you can play it back.

Oh, I see. Well I did that Fps_max 99 command and it worked. There were a few moments when it went down to about 60 or so. Mostly 80+ though. I still think I should be doing better with my current specs.

Oh and where can I find this recoreded demo? In what folder? I dont want the demo to be taking up space. I really have no use for that demo.

Oh, and also on a few occasions Steam just kicks me out. No error message, no warning dialogue, nothing. It's loading a game and Im about ready to play and then it just kicks me out to my Windows desktop. I have no idea why.

The demo is not there thats why nothing happened when you typed "gg fps" in console besides leaving the server you were in. You're right your FPS should not be dropping so much. Make sure you have the latest drivers for you 9800 Pro and for your sound card (yes it does make a difference). Other than that steampowered.com take it up on the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom