Destiny

Iron Banner this week, and it's Rift. I was hesitant to play it the first time because I hadn't before. Now I'm hesitant to play it because I have. Semi-interested to see how The Dawning plays out, including the return of SRL, which was okay, but not nearly as fast-paced as I would think racing would be. We'll get gift boxes again I think, but you can also buy them from EV, of course.

Iron Banner this week, and it's Rift. I was hesitant to play it the first time because I hadn't before. Now I'm hesitant to play it because I have. Semi-interested to see how The Dawning plays out, including the return of SRL, which was okay, but not nearly as fast-paced as I would think racing would be. We'll get gift boxes again I think, but you can also buy them from EV, of course.

Actually they don't even know if you'll be able to open any of those treasures without paying real money yet.

As far as rift goes I am not a huge fan either. I use a couple of strategies. First, camp the spark. It is where all of the action is going to be and if your team can lockdown that area, you'll be able to control the round. If you don't have control of the area of the spark, try to sneak up and pick some of the other team off if they are camping it. The second thing I do is use your super when you are trying to get your runner to the enemy rift or if you are defending yours. There is really no reason to just pop off your super like you might in a regular match. Be strategic with it. I suppose you could use it to clear out the spark area if you wanted, but it is more important to stop enemy runners and make sure yours ignite their rift.

Last edited:
Actually they don't even know if you'll be able to open any of those treasures without paying real money yet.

As far as rift goes I am not a huge fan either. I use a couple of strategies. First, camp the spark. It is where all of the action is going to be and if your team can lockdown that area, you'll be able to control the round. If you don't have control of the area of the spark, try to sneak up and pick some of the other team off if they are camping it. The second thing I do is use your super when you are trying to get your runner to the enemy rift or if you are defending yours. There is really no reason to just pop off your super like you might in a regular match. Be strategic with it. I suppose you could use it to clear out the spark area if you wanted, but it is more important to stop enemy runners and make sure yours ignite their rift.

I was able to drop a super to stop a whole group of dudes from igniting our Rift, but every time after that, I got sniped by someone camping way back. Not my idea of a fun time. I really prefer the combat.

Back
Top Bottom