Destiny 2

I read this yesterday. It's hard to disagree, and I'm happy that someone with a larger voice can summarize so many feelings in a relatively short article. I can only hope it makes a bigger difference. It's become increasingly evident that there's a stronger driving force than the player's experience, and I'm not sure if I should be angry with Bungie devs, or Activision shotcallers. I mean, realistically regardless of our opinions, there are middlemen's jobs on the line, you know? The uppity-ups near or at the top I don't think feel the sweat as much as the guys down below, they're just told what to do, you know? I'm not sure what a mouthpiece like Deej does beyond telling us all "We hear you" and posting GoT cliffhanger style blogs, cause all 3 of these groups really seem to be acting as 3 more-or-less independent entities.

Agreed. I loved Bungie back in the Halo 1 to Halo 3 days and then they started getting really weird and I think they lost some focus. I still jumped on the Destiny 1 bandwagon and there were plenty of fine nights that were had, but there were a ton of issues with the game. I stopped before the Taken King or whatever but supposedly a lot of issues were resolved. It made me optimistic about Destiny 2 because I thought for sure everything would be fixed. I think what is worse about Destiny, aside from whats mentioned in this article, is that the game is geared towards short-term progress and they didn't build it to be a lasting game. I am guessing they will release some big DLC packs to extend the life, but I don't think it is fair to intentionally stunt your game up front. And I think all of this with Destiny 2 will most certainly hurt the future of the IP

I said at the beginning of this year that Destiny 2 will largely be a copy paste job from Destiny 1 with a bunch of tweaks to shunt some complaints and make it a bit more appealing to a newer crowd. Destiny is made just like Battlefield in the fact that it's made with planned DLC to expand game time and keep people playing; more importantly to keep cash flow coming in.

I came into D1 at Taken King so a lot of the growing pains I missed from the beginning, and D2 for me was pretty much hey let's take this cool *** game and play it on a real platform I can be competitive in. Still though, I knew what I was getting into from the beginning. I think most people should have known their formula wouldn't be different since it was so successful the first time. Grind to up power level after a DLC, get some new gear or upgrade your fav stuff, play the new raid and some matches on new crucible maps, have a bit of fun in the new area then wait for the new DLC. Same stuff as before, and knowing this is why I bought the game as an early Christmas present for my 2 friends because they were in D1 from the beginning. We've got over 100 hours into the game and so I'm satisfied with my purchase although we all 3 still play (right now more playing RL for the Christmas event though).

One big thing a lot of people don't understand about D1 is that it was really hard for them to make changes to the original game due to the PS3. Every time they wanted to change a gun or something basic they had to wait hours to recompile the whole game which led to them coming short on a lot of things. Since what happened wound up being successful for D1 in the long run they decided to do a rinse and repeat method like Activision likes. Another thing most people tend to forget is most of the original Bungie crew that developed Halo left after the departure from the franchise.

How do you guys feel about the announcements that have been made as of late? Interested in Warmind? Anything you're excited to see on the timeline?

How do you guys feel about the announcements that have been made as of late? Interested in Warmind? Anything you're excited to see on the timeline?

Stopped playing this game right after the last expansion. I might wait until the next game before I jump in.

Stopped playing this game right after the last expansion. I might wait until the next game before I jump in.

I definitely don't blame you. I'm in no way driven to play this game like I was with later D1, and even some early D2. It doesn't have the same feel, the same darkness, that was present in D1. However, I do feel that some of the QoL elements returning will be a welcome addition, and can only hope that we will also see an atmospheric improvement, if even over time. Similar to Rise of Iron, they made the trailer look really good, and I feel like Rasputin has always been kind of sinister, so I hope that they use this opportunity to darken things again, esp since the Hive are involved.

Mine will be installed automatically. Might check it out this weekend.

Cool! Would love to know what you think of it dude. I've heard mixed reviews, but the negative stuff has been largely salt. People want to complain regardless of the changes made, it seems, with little-to-no acknowledgment of what the change might mean. I haven't had a chance to play through the story yet, but the few changes that came with the update were appreciated.

How do you guys feel about Forsaken?? I think it has the capacity to achieve on the same level that TTK did, in it's own way. New zones, enemies, classes, weapons, PvP, and a Raid! I know I'm missing a few others, but the fact that I could even list that many to begin with is a good sign as far as I'm concerned!

Forsaken is definitely a step in the right direction. I've enjoyed it a ton. I still play after returning for that DLC in fact. I can't wait for the Fall update that everyone's crowing about. It's supposed to bring major updates and systems revamps.

Back
Top Bottom