Dead space 2 announced, 2010 release likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyboy

Daemon Poster
Probably old news to most but as the title hints at, dead space 2 has been announced. Although there's still a lot of work to be done it's been strongly hinted it'll be a 2010 release and that a third game may well follow.

IGN: Dead Space 2

There's not a lot of information at the moment. Just that their will be more open environments then Dead Space and you'll "take charge" rather then always being afraid to turn that next corner.

Personally I have a bad feeling their going to go resi evil 5 on us. As in try to get more players from the "action" shooters and so beef you up, open up areas, not do so well on scary and dark atmosphere etc. I really hope this isn't the case...though a harpoon gun which impales enemies to the walls sounds cool..:tongue:

Personally I'm really looking forward to this. I thought dead space was refreshingly tense, even on medium I was watching the ammo counter and dreading entering the next area..the sound effects really didn't help the "...there's so something behind me" paranoia. My only qualm was it felt a little repetitive at times(fix this, fix that..ooh that's still broke...urm ok fix that, though it was understandable.), so hopefully a wider variety of areas will help with that.

Didn't really like the first one either, REALLY boring... "Oh look something jumped out of a vent/wall, didn't expect that after it happened the previous fifty times -_-"
But I'll give DS2 a try.

aww I really liked it, especially since Resi 5 failed so bad on the horror aspect.

Was it the repetitive feel of it which got to you?

Yeah just like Yami said...you just kind of knew what to expect. But I am still up for a sequel!

Yeah just like Yami said...you just kind of knew what to expect. But I am still up for a sequel!

yeah I guess that's pretty true. Still I feel it's a lot better then some other horror games, the atmosphere was done quite well IMO.

Real problem is they might be making it LESS scary, as apparently some complained they dreaded going into the next area....THATS THE **** POINT! IT'S A HORROR SHOOTER!:madd:

^ That would seriously suck. I agree that a horror game should stick to it. I LOVE a good horror game, seriously. I remember when I first played F.E.A.R., I was on the edge of my seat in a pitch black room. Still one of my favorite played games so far :D

^ That would seriously suck. I agree that a horror game should stick to it. I LOVE a good horror game, seriously. I remember when I first played F.E.A.R., I was on the edge of my seat in a pitch black room. Still one of my favorite played games so far :D

for some whack reason I missed out on F.E.A.R...

Not sure If I'd get this for xbox 360 or PC though. I prefer shooters on console(even though you can look faster with a mouse and I did enjoy Crysis), I guess for the pure ease of using xbox live and it's nice to be able to play with friends on the HDTV.

I'll probably just see what reviews are like when it comes out. If it's a badly done port I won't bother, if graphically it's a good deal better I'll think about it. I do miss modding games...**** I haven't done any half decent modding since the days of Red Alert 2 and Halo: Combat evolved. Did a bit on Universe at War but in the third patch they locked out access to the LUA files...bummer. But the XML files had all the data on units n such, you just couldn't add totally new units properly without the LUA's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom