Dark Souls 3 Ending and Plat Guide (PS4) *SPOILERS OBVIOUSLY*

thast where I am and it sucks really badly getting proofs. I would also like 20 more gregs but am not willing to wait around for summons. I also have a feeling Proofs gonna be much harder than the sword grass farming since only 3 knights that are easy to go to and they tuff

I guess we'll see. I wish I could take away some of my levels. I hate how it seems like the game is punishing me for being a higher level. Then again, I am not sure that is the real problem. The auto summons for Blade of the Darkmoon and Watchdogs of Farron simply do not work. It is almost as if there aren't people of higher levels in those areas. However, if you invade someone using a red eye orb, you will connect with someone almost immediately. I refuse to believe that everyone in my level range has the same covenant on. I have heard people saying that they have no problem being summoned at level 40-50, but that is a little unreasonable to be that level with a normal playthrough in NG+.

I guess we'll see. I wish I could take away some of my levels. I hate how it seems like the game is punishing me for being a higher level. Then again, I am not sure that is the real problem. The auto summons for Blade of the Darkmoon and Watchdogs of Farron simply do not work. It is almost as if there aren't people of higher levels in those areas. However, if you invade someone using a red eye orb, you will connect with someone almost immediately. I refuse to believe that everyone in my level range has the same covenant on. I have heard people saying that they have no problem being summoned at level 40-50, but that is a little unreasonable to be that level with a normal playthrough in NG+.

I think no one is wearing the blue cov that's part of problem.

On a side note I hate the archives I can not remember my way around for crap. There is something on bookcases I can not find a way to and I cant remember how to find whats hi names ashes

I think no one is wearing the blue cov that's part of problem.

On a side note I hate the archives I can not remember my way around for crap. There is something on bookcases I can not find a way to and I cant remember how to find whats hi names ashes

The blue covenant shouldn't matter at all. The Watchdogs and Blade of Darkmoon covenant work just like the Aldrich Faithful. You should automatically invade people that "trespass" into those areas.

To get the item on the bookcase you have to drop down from the level above. Those ashes are found in that room with the 3-4 deacons and the cursed bookshelves toward the end of the level.

The blue covenant shouldn't matter at all. The Watchdogs and Blade of Darkmoon covenant work just like the Aldrich Faithful. You should automatically invade people that "trespass" into those areas.

To get the item on the bookcase you have to drop down from the level above. Those ashes are found in that room with the 3-4 deacons and the cursed bookshelves toward the end of the level.

no they don't both those are to defend people who wear way of the blue and its darkmoon one and thesentinels one

Big thanks to Omo for helping me with some pale tongues last nigth. I am now on to NG++ all i need is 24 proofs,2 gestures and the rings for NG++. The plat is close but I am having a hard time not playing Mass Effect 2 since I re started it. I wish I still had the trilogy so I could play 1 again also

Covenant Item Farming Strategy

Since this is a platinum guide, I am not going to describe where each covenant is. Instead this guide will tell you where I had the best luck grinding out the covenant items to rank up.

First, I want to say that for at least 50% of the community the auto-summon covenants are completely broken. You aren't alone if you put on the Way of the Blue, Watchdogs of Farron or Blades of the Darkmoon and don't get summoned. It is a well known and well documented problem. Nobody is exactly certain why they work for some people and don't for others. There are a couple of things that are confirmed to help though: soul level and max weapon level. When the game tries to match you up with someone else when auto-summoning it takes these two things into consideration perhaps more than anything else. Most people agree that SL 40-70 or so will have the best results for being summoned. This seems to be more important than your max weapon level, but the game will take that into account as well. Note that placing your +10 Dark Sword into your item box or unequipping it will do nothing for matchmaking. Once a weapon is leveled up the game will save that information to your character profile and use it for matchmaking even if you are holding a +0 Thrall axe and sold your +10 weapon to the handmaid. With this all being said, most of us really are left with one option for these covenants and that is to grind out the drops from specific mobs in the game. This is a LONG and tedious process that will make you want to pull your GD hair out at times. You are also going to be absolutely rolling in souls which I guess could be a good thing depending on who you are.

Something that I started to notice over the course of many hours farming these items is that there does seem to be a way to "force" the game to drop the stuff at a higher rate which will help a ton. What I have found is that for whatever reason starting from a "fresh" session seems to result in an item being dropped within the first 10 farming cycles. I don't really have any idea why this works, but I have tested it extensively on the silver knights at Anor Londo and it definitely is noticeable. I have seen other suggestions out there ranging from changing your armor every time a needed item drops to using multiple rusted coins for each cycle, but for me nothing aside from completely exiting the game and starting back up seems to make a difference. However, since this is not science, if you notice something that seems to work for you, keep doing it!

My general process for farming is to start (again) from a "fresh" session and start farming. Usually I will have a Proof of Concord Kept within a couple of minutes. Once I get one I will keep going for a few more (10 or so) minutes and if another doesn't drop, I will quit the game, close the application and start again. Following this method I was able to get 11 Proofs in about 2 hours last night alone. Something that seems to derail the process when starting from a "fresh" start is dying. Being killed seems to reset loot drops or drop percentages. That being said, I have also noticed that after going a long stretch with no drops and then dying, I received a Proof shortly after.

* What I mean by "fresh" session is that you are starting the game fully and not coming back to a suspended state by putting the PS4 in rest mode.

* A farming cycle is going from the bonfire to killing the mobs and back to the bonfire to force the respawn.

As far as your loadout and equipment for farming you really just want to set yourself up so that you can cycle through as fast as possible. Faster kills=more chances for drops. I will give a short description of what I was using in the area for the applicable covenants. You should have around 350 item discovery or more for the best results. That means you will need to have a Covetous Gold Serpent Ring, Symbol of Avarice (helmet) and a Crystal Sage Rapier. Equipping these items and using a Rusted Coin before each cycle should give you about 350 Item Discovery.

Blue Sentinels (Way of the Blue) and Blade of the Darkmoon

Note that equipping Way of the Blue will not give you covenant rewards as it only summons players to your game if you get invaded. If you want to help players with Way of the Blue equipped put on Blue Sentinels (or Blade of the Darkmoon if in Anor Londo or Aldrich area).

Item for successful covenant activity: Proof of Concord Kept

Covenant rewards: 10 Proofs of Concord Kept - Darkmoon Ring; 30 (total) Proofs of Concord Kept - Darkmoon Blade (Miracle)

The reward is only granted for defeating an enemy phantom or if the host enters a boss room while you are summoned (this may be patched). As discussed previously, getting summoned for either of these covenants currently can be extremely rare or non-existent. The Proofs will most likely need to be farmed from Silver Knights.

Farming

The fastest method for farming the Proofs is right at the beginning of Anor Londo. There are other areas with silver knights, but not with a bonfire just steps away to reset. I tried to respec into different builds for testing and for me the fastest is using the dark blade miracle on my sword. Silver knights are weak against dark magic and it seems to stagger them with each hit. Rarely some of their moves can poise through it though, so be careful. I prefer a faster hitting sword like the broadsword or Dark sword to greatswords because of the speed advantages. The knights are extremely dangerous and hit very hard. With some fancy footwork you can do a cycle (kill both knights and be back to the bonfire) in about 30 seconds. Both knights will almost always lead off with the same attack and this can be exploited. Here is a link to a quick youtube video of me killing them 3 times in a row for reference (This is on NG+. Note the number of souls lol): https://youtu.be/FfiqbesjBqs

Last edited:
Sweet gonna try that when I get there. Only need 26 more I think. Also got my Dark Sigils so I can summon the pale shade for me gesture. the plat is close

Watchdogs of Farron

In order to be summoned for this covenant you must be in the Crucifixion Woods or the Farron Keep areas.

Item for successful covenant activity: Wolf's Blood Swordgrass

Covenant rewards: 10 Wolf's Blood Swordgrass - Old Wolf Curved Sword; 30 (total) Wolf's Blood Swordgrass - Wolf Ring & Wolf Knight's Greatshield

The reward is only granted for defeating an "invader" of the Farron area. An invader being anyone that is not aligned with the Watchdogs covenant. As discussed previously, getting summoned for this covenant currently can be extremely rare or non-existent. The Swordgrass will most likely need to be farmed from Ghru enemies (not the giant ones).

Farming
Any of the normal Ghru enemies can drop the Swordgrass, but again we want speed. If you are just going for the Swordgrass, the Keep Ruins bonfire has 3 Ghru literally 20 feet from it and they all have their backs to you. Because there are 3 of them (one shaman and two with shields and spears) it can get a little hairy. I opened each cycle with Great Chaos Fire Orb (wearing the Witch Ring and Great Swamp Ring) taking out the caster and putting a big dent into at least one of the other mobs. Sometimes you can take them all out with 4-5 spells, but the shield users often block most of the damage. I usually fought from the doorway to the bonfire because if need be you can back up into that room and usually only one of the Ghru will follow you in. Follow up with melee to finish them off and repeat.

Last edited:
Rosaria's Fingers

Can be summoned using the Red Sign Soapstone or inavde other worlds using cracked Red Eye Orbs or a normal Red Eye orb. Make sure to equip the Rosaria's Fingers covenant because having the Mound Makers or Warriors of Sunlight will cause you to get one of those covenant items instead of what you are going for.

Item for successful covenant activity: Pale Tongue

Covenant rewards: 10 Pale Tongues - Obscuring Ring; 30 (total) Pale Tongue - Man Grub's Staff

Farming
Farming for these can be done in a couple of ways. The easiest, fastest, most boring and cheapest way to do it would be to get a friend, go to the same bonfire in your respective games, set the same online password in the options area and then use the Red Sign Soapstone. The idea here is that because of the passwords only you and your friend will see the summon signs. You can then summon your friend (or vice versa) and then the host jumps off of a cliff. This will give the phantom the covenant item immediately and return them to their world where they can throw down their red sign again and repeat.

The next method would be to kill Dark Wraiths in the Farron Keep area. They actually drop the tongues fairly regularly (1 out of 10 kills). From the Farron Keep Perimeter bonfire start heading toward the boss gate and look left as soon as you exit the door of the stone building the bonfire was in. There will be 2 wraiths walking up the road toward a bunch of Ghru. You can either try to pull one (or both) and kill them right there or wait until they engage the Ghru up ahead and clean up the stragglers. The wraiths hit very hard and have fast combos, but can easily be parried or backstabbed if you are careful. Note that you could kill two birds with one stone here and kill the wraiths for Pale tongues and the Ghru for Swordgrass. It is actually a pretty fun way to farm, but I didn't find it as effective as just killing the Ghru at the Keep Ruins bonfire.

Back
Top Bottom