Dark Souls 3 Ending and Plat Guide (PS4) *SPOILERS OBVIOUSLY*

Omoplata

Golden Master
I was going to put this in the spoiler topic, but because things can't be stickied inside threads, I decided to make a separate one. In this topic we can post some tips for getting all of the trophies in Dark Souls 3. There are other places on the web where you can find guides for this (IGN, PS Trophies etc), but I wanted to put something centralized here for everyone here that is playing this to have access to.

I'm going to start with a guide for how to get all of the endings. I have seen a lot of information out there that is mostly correct, but may not be the best or easiest way to go about things. This guide assumes that you have visited all of the areas and have both the Fire Keeper Soul and the Fire Keeper Eyes.

First of all I would HIGHLY recommend doing the "secret" Usurpation of Fire ending in your first playthrough. There are a few reasons for this. First of all the quest is very long and will need to be carefully followed throughout playing through NG. Due to the difficulty increase in NG+ and beyond you would be best served getting this out of the way ASAP. The biggest reason to do this in NG is that the dark sigil requires paying the equivalent of 5 levels worth of souls to heal and will carry over to subsequent playthroughs. So, for example, if you are level 85 with 99 hollowing it will cost the equivalent of you going from 85-90. As you can imagine, this gets SUPER costly. At level 100 you are looking at 500k+ souls to cure it. If you wait to do it in later playthroughs it conceivably would cost more and more souls. (Note: I have heard that the cost might be directly related to hollowing and that hollowing resets to zero with each playthrough making the cost to cure the sigil minimal. I need to test this though. CONFIRMED! Well sort of. The dark sigil will be gone after going into NG+. The hollowing will remain. Just use a purging stone to remove it.) Another reason to do this now is that if you follow the secret ending process you can summon Yuria of Londor for the final battle which should make things easier despite the fact that she is pretty weak comparatively. A major thing to take note of is that you can't meet the conditions for the secret ending (marriage of the sigils with dark sigil intact) and get the "normal" ending. Both require that you interact with the last bonfire after beating the last boss to trigger and if you have met the conditions for the secret ending it will always be the Usurpation of Fire ending. The only way to get the "normal" ending at this point is to cure the sigil and beat the game again without it.

Here is an outline:
- Follow the Usurpation of Fire process throughout your game
- After placing the last cinder on the throne talk to the Fire Keeper a few times to hear her dialogue
- Go to the Shrine Handmaid and purchase the titanite slab now available (doesn't show up until you place the last cinder)
- Level up and buy weapons and any consumables you will want (you will still need to find all of the coals and ashes in NG+ etc in order to buy items and upgrade weapons so you may as well just do it now)
- Log out of the game and go to the PS4 menu. Select Settings and then Application Saved Data Management
- Now pick Saved Data in System Storage and choose to back it up online to the Sony cloud or to a USB ***Important- This is your MAIN save to revert to at this point. DO NOT DELETE.***

***There are 4 endings but only 3 trophies for the endings. One of them the "End of Fire alternate" ending will not give a trophy unless you opted to get that ending instead of the regular End of Fire ending. In other words, whatever End of Fire ending you do first will make the trophy pop.***

Basic/Normal Ending
- Load the game up, give the Fire Keeper Soul to the Fire Keeper and Heal the Dark Sigil. This is probably going to cost you a TON of souls, so be as prepared as you can. Go farm souls at a boss or kill the two silver knights at the beginning of Anor Londo until you have enough if you need to.
- Beat the boss and interact with the last bonfire for the Link the First Flame ending and trophy
The game ends (you can skip the credits) and it will ask if you want to start "Journey 2" which is NG+. Just say no because you are going to overwrite anyway.

End of Fire or End of Fire (Alternate)
- Exit the game go back to Settings and then select Upload Data from Online Storage if you saved there. You will be uploading your old save which overwrites the one you just had when you beat the game.
- Load the game up and give the Fire Keeper the Fire Keeper Eyes. (You could probably do this before backing up, but I wanted to play it safe.) I would also talk to here again a few times because she has some REALLY interesting dialogue after giving them to her. She practically tells you how to get two of the endings.
- Proceed into the last area and beat the boss. DO NOT TOUCH THE BONFIRE. Use an ember if you are not embered and look for the Fire Keeper summon sign by the bonfire.
- Summon the Fire Keeper and let the scene play out to get the End of Fire ending and a trophy
- Note- as the screen is going dark at the very end of the scene, you can attack and kill her to see the End of Fire alternate ending (see note on trophy above). Interestingly enough she encourages you to actually to do this when talking to her after handing her the eyes.
- The game ends (you can skip the credits) and it will ask if you want to start "Journey 2" which is NG+. Just say no because you are going to overwrite anyway.

Usurpation of Fire
- Exit the game go back to Settings and then select Upload Data from Online Storage if you saved there. You will be uploading your old save which overwrites the one you just had when you beat the game.
- This time DO NOT give the Fire Keeper the eyes and beat the game like before. Make sure to summon Yuria for the fight because if you do you can loot her corpse at the Firelink Shrine for her Darkdrift katana and her armor set before using the last bonfire.
- After looting Yuria's corpse head back and use the last bonfire and enjoy the Usurpation of Fire ending and trophy.

***We did the trophies it in this order to make sure that we keep the Yuria Loot as we migrate to NG+***
- Move to NG+ and have fun

Last edited:
I tested it tonight and when you go into NG+ you lose the dark sigil because it was a key item. All you have to do at that point is use a purging stone and your hollowing will be reversed. No need to spend a ton of souls to fix it. If you are going for all of the endings in one playthrough you will need to spend souls to cure the dark sigil though.

I actually restored my save and was going to knock out the other endings. Only it let me see a new ending but did not give me the trophy. I don't know if it's a glitch or not just fyi.

I actually restored my save and was going to knock out the other endings. Only it let me see a new ending but did not give me the trophy. I don't know if it's a glitch or not just fyi.
Was it one of the end of fire endings? If you had already gotten the achievement for that ending, triggering the other version will not pop a trophy. I was able to get 2 of the 3 ending trophies using the method I described above. I'm going to get the last one in my NG+ run.

Well I got Pyro and Spell trophy. Now I need 1 more gesture. Also 1 more ring from NG+ i think and the proofs of concord which will be a super pain. Also need pale tongues but that will be easy with Omo to help just like the Shackles

Well I got Pyro and Spell trophy. Now I need 1 more gesture. Also 1 more ring from NG+ i think and the proofs of concord which will be a super pain. Also need pale tongues but that will be easy with Omo to help just like the Shackles

I am going to add a guide for the covenants on here as well. I just need to get around to it. Anybody reading this thread and just starting out, keep your soul level as low as you reasonably can. If you try to do the covenant stuff at too high of a level it just doesn't work. You will just have to farm enemies that have a 1% drop rate to get the drops which takes HOURS. Hopefully this will be patched soon.

I am going to add a guide for the covenants on here as well. I just need to get around to it. Anybody reading this thread and just starting out, keep your soul level as low as you reasonably can. If you try to do the covenant stuff at too high of a level it just doesn't work. You will just have to farm enemies that have a 1% drop rate to get the drops which takes HOURS. Hopefully this will be patched soon.
thast where I am and it sucks really badly getting proofs. I would also like 20 more gregs but am not willing to wait around for summons. I also have a feeling Proofs gonna be much harder than the sword grass farming since only 3 knights that are easy to go to and they tuff

Back
Top Bottom