Current gen games once next gen arrives

Metsphan

Fully Optimized
Hey all,

I was thinking today, what games I might buy for the ps3 or 360 once the next gen comes out.

I think I'm going to get the South Park game.

What are you all going to get before you retire your current gen consoles?

GTA V was my last current gen purchase for new games coming out. I'm gonna get the SP game on PC.

I was out of the game so to speak, for a while. If I want to play catch up I have a bit to do, I don't even know if my category applies to your question cuz idk exactly what I might do. I like how the south park game looks tho... I haven't touched skyrim, dark & demons souls but I want to touch them in naughty ways... I missed out on a lot so I can't recall less than aaa titles I want to hit, I know they are there tho... um metal gear sword guy, I heard it kinda sucked... max payne 3, saints row 4... some others? Does this count? lol

I plan on picking up both Batman and South Park (depending on if SP turns out well); maybe not right at release, but probably by Christamas time or shortly after. I also want to get Assassin's Creed 4 but I'm going to hold off on that for next gen.

I plan on picking up both Batman and South Park (depending on if SP turns out well); maybe not right at release, but probably by Christamas time or shortly after. I also want to get Assassin's Creed 4 but I'm going to hold off on that for next gen.

Gonna do Batman + AC4 on PC as well.

I have to be honest, I'm not really as excited for the jump from 360/PS3 era to the XB1/PS4 as I was for the previous leap of the Xbox/PS2 to the current gen. Maybe I'm missing something, but games don't look all that much better and most of the same apps (Netflix, etc) are already available for current gen.

I have to be honest, I'm not really as excited for the jump from 360/PS3 era to the XB1/PS4 as I was for the previous leap of the Xbox/PS2 to the current gen. Maybe I'm missing something, but games don't look all that much better and most of the same apps (Netflix, etc) are already available for current gen.
Going to take a lot of time to go from PowerPC to x86 and a "real" GPU. Google the specs of the X1800 (360 GPU) and compare against a Radeon 7870 if you will. BIG difference, and huge difference in available RAM too. I believe developers are still getting over the massive boner from how much resource space they now have. :lol:

BF3 to BF4 can't be a real comparison because visually they look the same.

Improves with time, always has with every console...maybe except Nintendo? But I have never picked up consecutive nintendo consoles each gen so not sure.
Nintendo always had an issue with resolution. I think the WiiU finally fixed that and went 1080p. Their games although cartoony can look good on an emulator if you bump up resolution.

Dark Souls 2 for sure for new games coming out. There are still a bunch of old ones I want to play though. Hell I have like 10 games I havent even tried yet at my house already

Back
Top Bottom