Cuda in game desing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlord20

Fully Optimized
The answer will make my decision. Does Nvidias CUDA help in game design? Choices are 4870 or GTX260. Can anyone tell me?

CUDA optimizes photoshop, that's all I really know it affects. I'm sure someone else will know.

CUDA and Stream (ATI equivalent) will be made obsolete by OpenCL which will work on both ATI and Nvidia cards.

DirectX or OpenGL should support anything you would need for game development anyways.

CUDA wont "help" you write a game. If you need help then you need to look into programming. You have to have a pretty solid grasp of programming (mostly C++) to make a game. And you will also need to know how to use DirectX or OpenGL.

There are a lot of free 3d engines out there that are already written for you, you just have to make the 3d models and textures, the levels, the weapons and the scripting and you can have a game.

Well I am going to EWU to do game design in a BA program. So It will take me roughly 4 years to complete or more. I was wondering if CUDA will give me the extra edge but since it won't I will go with the 4870.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom