CS 1.6 problem in Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reinstall the CS 1.6 3 times still same issue, not only CS 1.6, the Half Life and CS:Condition Zero also have same issue. Only CS 1.5 no problem. Thanks for helping.

Try installing Steam and getting the games loading thru that. With steam it seems to work just fine in Vista. It seems that stand alone is where the issue lies. It isnt installing the fonts needed.

i tried it on steam and replace the font of CS from XP to Vista, still the same issue... Thanks.

Then it could be somethign with your settings. Have you adjusted the Windows theme in anyway? Have you tried using classic or Basic before you run the game?

Maka~ You actually can change the specific font for CS.

Ubeyou: You have tried updating or rolling back you video card drivers right....?

maybe but doubtful: Settings --> Interface --> Language

If those don't do the trick, then get steam versions.

Kslinger. I looked all thru the settings manager in Steam and in game. I have not seen anything that allows you to just change the font. That is why i stated what i did. I just looked at the Settings>Interface>Language and all that is for is to change the language. Not the font.

I should have showed you how to change the font before calling you like that Maka, my apologies.. CS is something I actually know since I've been playing it for years now, and quite good at it ;) but here is how to change the font..

Go to your steam folder then find the folder named resource, then find the file called "trackerscheme" or it might be "steamscheme" and open it with notepad. Next, scroll down until you see a section called fonts and and there will be a list of fonts below it. Next to where it says "name", it will give a name of a font(I forget what it's called (tahoma?) but it doesn't matter). Change the name on all the fonts to "Arial" until you hit something that says "EngineFont". So from fonts to "enginefont", change the name from whatever it is to "Arial". --- I'm using "Arial" as an example.

Also, Ubeyo, don't forget to try update or rolling back your drivers.

Good luck.

I tried to change the fonts, but it is in "read only" folder, i tried untick the "read only", but can't change it? what happen? And I always update my drivers. Thanks.

Ubeyou open it with Admin rights. Right click the file and use the Run as Admin command.

KSlinger. I will check that out. Thank you for the indepth info.

I tried to change the fonts, but it is in "read only" folder, i tried untick the "read only", but can't change it? what happen? And I always update my drivers. Thanks.

Updating to the current drivers isn't always necessary.. I'm still using 84.21 (exact driver that came with my card when I bought it) for my 7600gs. Try rolling back to previous drivers for the video card, try to think back and remember which drivers you had when you were able to see the text. If all of this fails.. then I'd say just go download steam version and update the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom