Console War!!!

It's a combo of gene Simmons and a goth gal I knew in college before goth became popular. Yikes.

So, I own all consoles for this generation.

I don't know if the PS4 or Wii U is better. Their pros and cons make it a wash.

I definitely know that I am not a fan of the Xbox One regret the purchase.

Here's my two cents from my own personal experiences:

I wasn't the biggest fan of the Xbox One in the state it was at launch, but the monthly support it's been receiving through updates has been great. While I still miss the middle guide button on the 360, the XB1 navigation is actually pretty nice once I learned how to navigate it properly. The most negative thing that I can say about the console is the lack of a diverse library of games; over half of the titles seem to either be HD remake or shovelware/gimmick Kinect games, while the other majority are multiplatform. There's I'm looking forward to some exclusives like Halo 5, Tomb Raider, and the new Gears, but none of that is available now.

One thing that I really enjoy, which is ironic because myself and millions of other gave MS flak over it, is the TV integration. On paper, it sounds like a dumb concept, but in practicality it's been really nice having everything on a single HDMI port. The snap feature to game and watch TV at the same time is probably one of the best aspects, though I think it has a lot of room for improvement. I'd like to see the option to remove that black snap bar that takes up the right side of the screen and just have the TV box be picture-in-picture, sort of how a lot of Twitch stream do it, as opposed to downsizing the game screen and separating it on the side. Another thing I'd like to see is the ability to adjust the volume for each screen as opposed to both of them outputting at whatever the current TV volume is.

The PS4 is also really nice in my opinion. I never owned a PS3, but I've played on a friend's console enough to get a grasp of it. For me, the thing that Sony got right above all else is the controller. I hated the PS2 & PS3 dualshock because of how tiny the thing was, and how cramped my hands were on the low thumbsticks. The extended handles on the PS4 eliminates that issue completely, as well as adds welcomed features like triggers for L2/R2. The speaker below the touch pad is also something that's so simple, but effective for things like audio log collectibles in game.

As far as performance goes, it's top notch. Fanboys on both sides will argue tooth and nail over the performance of the PS4 vs the Xbox One. From what I've noticed personally, the PS4 does have an advantage with certain games, but it's marginal. I tested this out with the Xbox One & PS4 Destiny betas, as well as the full game after release. The Xbox One was 900p in beta and 1080p in the retail release version, while PS4 was 1080p across the board. I tried flipping back and forth between the two in different environments and I did notice that the PS4 version was slightly sharper in the beta, but only when stopping and inspecting fine details. Nothing stood out to me one way or the other while engaging in gameplay, and the retail comparisons were the exact same. It's a make or break thing for many, but for me, if I can't notice it then it doesn't effect me.

As far as games go, it's an odd scenario. I say that because I prefer the Xbox exclusive franchises over the PS ones (for the most part). However, as of this moment, Sony has the better library. The best Xbox One exclusive at the moment in my opinion is Halo, which is both a remake and a game that doesn't always work properly. That's not speaking volumes.

I can't comment on the Wii U because I don't own one. I'm sure one day when I have kids I'll be more inclined to revisit Nintendo, and it would be something that I would probably enjoy with them. At the moment, however, nothing that they are offering with the Wii U really appeals to me.

i own the xboner and the ps4... i enjoy both consoles. The Ps4 is the better of the two hands down. Its faster, easier to use, the controllers are better, the XMB is better and the games prettier.

That said the xbone is hella fun to play. If you are lucky enough to afford both, i would recommend it.

I own both. Graphics better in ps4 but I love how xbox does some things.

For one the fact that games are already to go in the xbone is great. Much better than xbox even with the new update.

I also love the TV. If xbox would have same graphics capability then it would be a no brainer.

This winter will be interesting. The xbox has all the exclusives and the ps pushed theirs back

Game Hunters Unite

I can't wait for the Xbox exclusives. Like I said, the library is the biggest thing holding it back at the moment in my opinion. There's great games, but most are multiplatform.

Halo and tomb raider. I know tomb is a timed exclusive but I'm getting it this xmas

Game Hunters Unite

Back
Top Bottom