Console Vs. Pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
all the games listed will run fine on your system.my setup is almost identical and i have no problems. enjoy :)

No contest...I'm a diehard PC gamer.
Consoles are great, I own three of them to prove it. The thing is, they will never be able to match the PC's versatility or it's ability to evolve so quickly. Plus, you can't create anything on a console; with the right knowledge and patience, you can make your own game on a PC.
Just my opinion though. I'd still kill anyone who puts a finger on my Xbox...lol

I might get one of the new generation consoles when they drop in price but not at the moment. I like having xbox parties and playing Halo. Those are alot of fun, especially with alot of people. I wonder how they will be with the new generation.

PCs of course are better but consoles are the future because of marketting and also people's lack of desire to purchase a gaming PC. Most people think

"why spend $1500 on a PC to play games when I can spend $400 and play the same games and not have to worry about framerate issues, compatability issues, etc.?"

This is the reason most people buy consoles for games and then just buy a $299 Dell for their PC to surf the web and do word processing with. Its only going to get worse for PC gamers as the gap grows between gaming PCs and mainstream PCs and more and more people make the switch.

yeppp .. i see what your saying.. ive always been a fan of pc gaming.. its just that i havent had an up to date computer for a while now. Now that im getting so into it.. i plan on staying on top of the new technology.. that doesnt mean im gonna spend $600 every time a new video card comes out.. but ill keep my pc updated so it can always play the newest games. im just tired of consoles... ive owned every console you could imagine.. but for me, theres no comparison to playing a FPS on a PC. i remember playing counterstrike constantly when i first got it. also it seems like all of the best games came out for the pc (just my opinion)
Half life, diablo 2, warcraft 3, etc.

well, current consoles are more than just a high tech GPU. They also have a new type of architecture that will take a little longer for the PC to catchup with (and be affordable). So, I'd say around 3years. Plunk $400 every 3 years for a new console. Plunk 300-400 for a new top line vid card, possibly new PSU because of new power demands, plus look at the new multi core and procedural synthesis, cache demand and sharing architecture, etc... adds up pretty fast. Really saying that PC's can be upgraded and consoles can't isn't much of an argument because you would be getting a new console every 2 or 3 years with graphic, processor, etc upgraded via new console launch. You do the same with a computer, only with a new vid card that costs almost as much as the console itself. I think the REAL reason to get a PC is a game library that is much more vast. Still love my console, thbough. Still love my PC.

biggjoee5790 said:
what do you prefer: console gaming or pc gaming? why? if you could only have one.. which would it be, pc or console?
Over all, PC as I do a lot more on a PC. Plus with my current job, a PC is a lot easier for me to claim on Tax.

I think that Console's are better for gaming then PC's are. I have always found that I don't like it as much on the PC at all however I think that I'm going to see what PC gaming has to offer once I upgrade my computer to play new games. The reason's are the mouse isn't good for certain types of games like Racing. How can you play a racing game with a keyboard and have fun?? You would have to buy another controller to make it feel normal or a racing wheel for your PC that costs over $29.00 extra.

Consoles have given me a better feeling then playing a PC game every time. The only PC games that are better then the console games (that are the same just ports) are GTA2 and The Sims. There may be more but I have played many and emulaters for PS1 games. Once the PS3 comes, There will be the add on of the KB+M and then FPS will be great on consoles for the first time.

Computers are great for hacking games and cheating on the other things and consoles can do that too but not as easy and you have to pay for the cheating device like Gameshark, Code Breaker, Action Replay, ect. Computers rule in that area.

I hate not being able to minimize and do something else, plus PC monitors are much sharper. PCs own consoles hands down in every aspect except price. Consoles are like some sort of communists dream.

I also find the games to be much better on the consoles. Burnout is on the consoles only and the speed is mind-blowing. Final Fantasy 9 isn't on the PC ether and that's the best game ever made. What's up? God of War, MGS2, MGS3, Kingdom hearts, and so many more it's countless. People tell me that PC's are better, all I can say is the games for it aren't really fun at all and most games on the PC I play for 1 hour and stop playing after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom