Console Vs. Pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggjoee5790

In Runtime
what do you prefer: console gaming or pc gaming? why? if you could only have one.. which would it be, pc or console?

That depends. Personally i would go with a computer because they are more versatile. Granted the new consoles have browsing capabilites too. As for gaming, i would rather game on a pc because i like the feel of the controls more than the console. The new consoles have much better graphics cards and processing power but i would still take a pc. The small diference between the two really isnt that important to me.

i like pc's better also. about the video cards.... companys put out a console like once every 3-4 years (ps2 to ps3, xbox-xbox360) throughout those years, the graphic card in the console never gets upgraded, so isnt it true that even though the new consoles have better cards than new pc's, in a year or so the pc cards will pull ahead because the consoles will have the same ones until a new console comes out, but pcs can be upgraded everytime new hardware comes out? hope you understand what i just said because i barely understand what i said :)

I understand what you said and it is true. The gpus that the new generation consoles have are top of the line at the moment. In a few years/months whatever when newer cards come out, pc owners will be able to upgrade and make their computers better than the consoles. For console owners though, games will always be made to those standards and with a pc, the games will use the higher end equip that it can so the console owners dont have to spend extra to play the new games on max settings. New generation consoles are truely awesome machines that would equal a very nice computer right now and are very affordable compared to a nice computer. Alot depends on your budget and what you want to get out of it.

This is going to be my baby:

DFI NF4 Ultra-D LANPARTY
Opteron 148 (CAB2E)
2x 120gb Seagate barracudas in RAID1
eVGA 7800GT w/ copper heatsink
Zalman 9500 cpu cooler
Xion II case (it was on sale)
2 x 1gb G. Skill Extreme Series RAM
OCZ powerstream 520W psu
asus DVD burner

Its laying half-way build because my power supply arrived dead and i had to RMA it. It should last me awhile whenever i get it running. :D

thebleakness said:
This is going to be my baby:

DFI NF4 Ultra-D LANPARTY
Opteron 148 (CAB2E)
2x 120gb Seagate barracudas in RAID1
eVGA 7800GT w/ copper heatsink
Zalman 9500 cpu cooler
Xion II case (it was on sale)
2 x 1gb G. Skill Extreme Series RAM
OCZ powerstream 520W psu
asus DVD burner

Its laying half-way build because my power supply arrived dead and i had to RMA it. It should last me awhile whenever i get it running. :D

sounds really good.. i got the 7800GT also but i didnt get the copper heatsink. at least yours is half built... i have no case or psu yet so after i get that tomorrow.. time for my first build ever :)
what games are you gonna be playing? im guessing your playin games due to the 7800gt you got

Ive been planing on playing FEAR since it was released but no one i know has a computer good enought to play it. :( Going to hopefully play BF2, COD2, Quake4 and others.

Have fun building tonight. Make sure you read carefully and take your time. I had alot of fun building what little i have done.

thebleakness said:
Ive been planing on playing FEAR since it was released but no one i know has a computer good enought to play it. :( Going to hopefully play BF2, COD2, Quake4 and others.

Have fun building tonight. Make sure you read carefully and take your time. I had alot of fun building what little i have done.

those are the first couple of games i wanna get also. BTW im getting quake 4 for free from evga (you probrobly know that but if not... sign up for it).. ooo yea about FEAR... how do you think mine and your pc will run that game? supposedly its a system hog.. i hope it doesnt lag alot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom