Console Vs. Pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
PC, by far, infact I wont even buy a console now cause id rether spend the money on an upgrade !

You could argue consoles are cheaper but when u add the cost of games and accessories they aint as cheap as ud think and they are stuck where they are, ull still end up buying the latest and greatest if u wanna play the new games how they were made.

PC is more expensive, however it is also more versatile, more powerful, upgradeable, and the games are cheaper (costing roughly 5-10 hrs with my current connection).. IMO you asked the wrong question it should have been "clued up or clueless :D"

I think the only reason people buy consoles is novelty and lack of discipline to save up for a REAL gaming machine cause at the end of the day, how do you think all these games were developed ?

could we have a result then ? how many for PCs vs Consoles ?

Ok so i got the ps3 for its blue ray capabilities 20 minutes ago i tried a game out it was good and all but it didnt feel like home. Im not saying it wasnt fun far from it but it was no were near as fun as WOW/tiberian sun 3 and well all i can say is that I know now what i knew before i am a pc gamer and will always be no matter what budget. The ps3 had alright graphics but knowing i couldnt minimize to check myspace, email a friend, or have itunes playing in the background made me almost pee my pants. In the end pc rules but if youre looking for a blue ray player dont be dumb get a ps3 even if you wont use it to play games because the 60gb hard drive will let you save movies pics and music, plus its all 600 bucks. PC rules!!!!

<quote>You could argue consoles are cheaper but when u add the cost of games and accessories they aint as cheap as ud think and they are stuck where they are, ull still end up buying the latest and greatest if u wanna play the new games how they were made.</quote>

This is perhaps the worst argument I have yet encountered. When you add up the cost of games and accessories???? Well, when you add up the cost of games and accessories for the PC, as well. Now, the idea of which is better REALLY depends on personal preference. There are days I'm in a mood for the 360 and days I want to play the PC. Which is more powerful? As of now there isn't really anything to do a fair comparison because the architecture on both the PS3 and XBox360 has neither been fully exploited nor is it even close to standard fair when it comes to a comparison between the PC architecture and the console. We're talking difference of night and day.

very valid point i mean have u seen the ps3 library its like a desert. Resistance=doom 3 lol. Like you said the ps3 and xbos 360 havent developed and direct x9 has been out for a while. Then again dX10 hasnt even come out, I wonder if DX10 will come out perfect right off the bat. thats me new 2 cents.

<quote>You could argue consoles are cheaper but when u add the cost of games and accessories they aint as cheap as ud think and they are stuck where they are, ull still end up buying the latest and greatest if u wanna play the new games how they were made.</quote>

This is perhaps the worst argument I have yet encountered. When you add up the cost of games and accessories???? Well, when you add up the cost of games and accessories for the PC, as well. Now, the idea of which is better REALLY depends on personal preference. There are days I'm in a mood for the 360 and days I want to play the PC. Which is more powerful? As of now there isn't really anything to do a fair comparison because the architecture on both the PS3 and XBox360 has neither been fully exploited nor is it even close to standard fair when it comes to a comparison between the PC architecture and the console. We're talking difference of night and day.

Console games generally run 10 dollars more than their PC counterparts nowadays. Also, since most people have a PC, a video card upgrade is all that is really needed in most cases. ****, sometimes they might not even need to. So if you factor in spending 300 dollars on a video card upgrade which is still even pretty high and adding all the games you would be buying in the next few years Pc gaming would generally be cheaper. Keep in mind you're also spending about 150 dollars extra to be playing on xbox live for a few years if you choose to do multiplayer -- and that's usually what people have in mind.

i prefer both
pc games for alot of FPS and RTS
but when it comes to RPG i go to a console every single time
better controls IMO

and with a console you dont have to upgrade anything to play a new game and a console is cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom