Console gamers are ruining PC Gaming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's like the mac virus idea. why spend time and money to reach a smaller portion of a group of users, and not make as much money in the process.

The problem is that gaming pc's are more expensive than consoles, you've gotta spend a lot more money to get similar quality in your pc to a console, hacking is a lot more prevalent on pc's, and the community is lacking in a lot of ways in pc gaming. Think about it, how many of your friends play console games, and how many of your friends PC game, I'm talking in real life here, not friends in clans or that you just met online. And the beauty of console gaming is the ability to sit with your friends in your living room and play together, which just isn't as fun on pc, sure it's possible to play a game of madden on the PC with your friends in your living room but it's not the main goal of pc gaming.

PC gaming will never again eclipse console gaming in terms of revenue and active participants until the cost of a solid gaming computer comes down, and pirating is minimalized. Neither of those things are really conceivable with the exception of pirating, which is an easier thing to keep under wraps, but I think the amount of casual gamers far outweighs the amount of hardcore gamers which is why consoles are so popular.

and pirating is minimalized.

I don't feel like that is a reason at all why people DON'T PC game. It is mainly the cost, and most people honestly just want to sit on their couch and kick back and play games..

It's all about the money. When they say "We don't want to work on a PC game because of the pirates" well, that means they don't want to lose that sale. Activision still *****es about how much Blops got pirated (just over 6mill for 360 and PC) and it was the best selling game EVER. They made more money on that game than anyone in history. We can argue the reasons in which SOME companies take less time on the game but it all ends up to be about the money. Some games work really well on PC while others don't. Same goes for consoles (Dragon Age comes to mind).

The only thing you can do about it is become a game designer for PC.

I also believe a lot of games coming out are just crap in general. I want to see a game like HL. A single player FPS (NOT FPSRPG) with a story that is like 15 hours long. Would make my day!

As a side not, I have a lot of friends in real life that PC game. I also have a lot of friends that console game.

Has no one noticed more and more console games are single player unless you have an xbox for every single person? That tends to become expensive...

^^ I actually have noticed that, there is not too many titles with multiplayer on Xbox, PS3, or Wii. Hmm.. There is piracy on consoles too?! WhAt?! When did this happen???

there's a ton of piracy on consoles, but you can't play live multiplayer very easily and you tend to get your account/ip banned for using cracked games. but for single player games it's just like pc gaming.

and i feel like it's much easier to pirate games for PC and get serials off the internet to run them and even play multiplayer, so it's just fighting a loosing battle to really spend time and develop good games for the pc when they could just spend the extra man hours that would be spent making the pc version pretty and usable, and spend it making the console version better.

Well, I'm pretty sure pc sales outweigh pc piracy. It's not like everyone that pirates a game on pc would have bought it if it were console only. Infact, I'd say at least half the games that people pirate, they would not have bought if they didn't have the option to pirate it.

I prefer to play single player/casual multiplayer games on my PC and games like COD, GoW, Halo (mostly shooters) on my 360 because there are less cheaters on the 360 than the PC and it a much more level playing field. Everyone has the same controller, only one monitor, no super high res advantages, and everyone is at the same detail level.

In my opinion, 3 things have contributed to the overall decline of PC gaming.

1. Piracy (I think more people pirated Crysis than purchased it)
2. The technological capabilities of this generation of consoles is suffice to most people and have in a sense perfected the two areas where the PC once dominated, which is graphics and online gaming
3. The decline of the desktop PC as more people move to laptops and tablets (iPad) which are less powerful and not really a viable gaming platform

I prefer to play single player/casual multiplayer games on my PC and games like COD, GoW, Halo (mostly shooters) on my 360 because there are less cheaters on the 360 than the PC and it a much more level playing field. Everyone has the same controller, only one monitor, no super high res advantages, and everyone is at the same detail level.

Those high res advantages certainly help. When I got this rig and this 1920x1200 monitor two years ago, I started destroying at cod. Now that everyone has caught up I'm not as good.

there's a ton of piracy on consoles, but you can't play live multiplayer very easily and you tend to get your account/ip banned for using cracked games. but for single player games it's just like pc gaming.

and i feel like it's much easier to pirate games for PC and get serials off the internet to run them and even play multiplayer, so it's just fighting a loosing battle to really spend time and develop good games for the pc when they could just spend the extra man hours that would be spent making the pc version pretty and usable, and spend it making the console version better.

With most games, or all for the last 2 years at least, have used systems that tie multiplayer to your account. Cod4 was the last newer release I seen people play online with hacked versions, and then only if you could find a hacked server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom