Console differences due to country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Fully Optimized
I've noticed that the game consoles have different volt ratings to go along with whatever country it's sold in. For example, the rating is 110 - 120 volt for US.

Language will also be different according to the country sold.

Are there any other differences in a console sold in different countries? Are there ways to get around those differences?

I saw a PS in Germany that was less than half the price as same in US. The volts and the language seemed to make the difference between the consoles. I debated on whether to bring it home, but didn't. (?)

I've noticed that the game consoles have different volt ratings to go along with whatever country it's sold in. For example, the rating is 110 - 120 volt for US.

Language will also be different according to the country sold.

Are there any other differences in a console sold in different countries? Are there ways to get around those differences?

I saw a PS in Germany that was less than half the price as same in US. The volts and the language seemed to make the difference between the consoles. I debated on whether to bring it home, but didn't. (?)

?

I guess some of it is law stuff...

For example you get a different version of clonecd if you put that you are from the US...

Although I quess this is different from what you are asking...

?

I guess some of it is law stuff...

For example you get a different version of clonecd if you put that you are from the US...

Although I quess this is different from what you are asking...

Well playstation games in america dont work in australian consoles, cause there writen in NTSC format and it only reads PAL format.

Who much are the PSOnes other there at the moment?

cheers

Well playstation games in america dont work in australian consoles, cause there writen in NTSC format and it only reads PAL format.

Who much are the PSOnes other there at the moment?

cheers

I don't know right off about the PS ones, but here in 'Almost Heaven' WV, the PS2 and the xBox were around $290 US.

I have a PS that I would like to sell and get the PS2. So, I guess it's about time to look around at prices and figure out the best way to sell it. :D

Suggestions?

I don't know right off about the PS ones, but here in 'Almost Heaven' WV, the PS2 and the xBox were around $290 US.

I have a PS that I would like to sell and get the PS2. So, I guess it's about time to look around at prices and figure out the best way to sell it. :D

Suggestions?

Yes, the main differences in the consoles are their colour format. America still uses the old NTSC [Never The Same Colour hehe ;)] whilst European countries use PAL format, a better colour format. It is odd however, with things like the Dreamcast, all you needed to play imports, was a boot disk or an Xploder DC, and the colour quality looks fine, it causes no damage to your TV either, so I wonder why they even bother porting US games to PAL when there's no actuall real need. It seems a bit silly to me. :|

The problems with the colour format eg NTSC, PAL or SECAM stem from the different tuners used for each type in your TV. However if you ues the SCART (EuroAV) leads this will bypass the tuner altogether. This won't help if the console cant read the format but if you have your PS 1 chipped then you can play imports without fear of damaging your TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom