console beats PC gaming anyday!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

onearmedman

Solid State Member
just wondering ur input on console vs PC. this has probly been done before but hay.
i say console whips pc mainly because of the pricetag.

wtf r u on. pc poons consoles.. the pricetag is worth it. u dont just use pc for games, u use it for everything. console can only play games and somtimes play DVDs. after the newest one comes out u gotta go buy it... PC's are so much better.

PC = gamers with big wallets
Console = gamers with big wallets who prefer to spend their money elsewhere besides their gaming systems

true that.. i spend more time on my pc than with consoles.. but they're still fun to play with those friends who dont have teh l337 skillz on a pc.. ie. halo 2, smash bros melee. done.
kthnxbai

pc games always have longer appeal iv played pc demos for hours or days, console demos last 30 seconds.

I still think you get more out of pc games, but i also love console games for simple pick up and play when bored.

I use both but spend a hell of a lot more time on my PC than my consoles. For me it depends what type of game I'm playing, what games are out and about at the time.

Haven't really played much on the console since GTA San Andreas came out though. MMORPG's are too absorbing :)

Console gamers i think are afraid of PCs. Console gfx cant measure up to PCs, but graphics aside, its gameplay that matters the most. So ill break it up category by category.

FPS: Consoles dont have mice. Shooter controls on consoles suck, you could easily get a pizza delievered in the time it takes to turn a 360 on a console. Online play is also far superior on PCs.

RPG: Actually fairly even. PS had the Final Fantasy series, and those were classics. However, PC had the Elder Scrolls series, Diablo, and much much more.

RTS: Plain suck on consoles. You can only select blocks of troops, and you can only hurl them at the enemy en masse, so in short, console RTS' are RTS' that no RTS player would want to play.

TBS: This is DOMINATED by the PC. There are no good TBS' on the console. I can name all of them released on the consoles in the last couple of years - both of them.

Simluations: With the possible exception of the gran turismo series, consoles cant stand up to PCs. The lack of control and depth in a console game makes it a bad platform for sims.

MMORPG: There arent any on consoles

Adventure/puzzle games: What adventure/puzzle games are to be found on a console?

With console online play approaching what was avalibale to PCs in 1997, and comparable gfx as long as you buy a 5,000 dollar TV, consoles sure measure up to PCs! (sarcastic)

I prefer consoles mostly..you just stick the game in, no need to worry about installing, if your comp has the right specs, how well the game will run, etc. However it depends. Point and clicks should ALWAYS be on the PC and I love the PC for them. Also MMORPGS obviously better on the PC.

Also a little annoying how I can't play some of my old PC games easily now on my newer PC, like Worms, 7th Guest, there's stuff you have to get around and..too much hassle.

Some games are just meant for the PC, but for others I'd rather sit on a comfy chair/bed in front of the TV.

LMAO. Console beats PC? What does a console cost? A few hundred bucks. If you buy a PC for the same amount you can play like 4000 times as many games (EVEN FOR FREE), and a 3 year old PC game, or even a 5 year old PC game will look like 20 times as good as any modern console game. Even at medium settings. I'm talking about games that run on a computer wich costs the same as the latest consoles! Like my computer. And I can tell for sure that games like ET (free), Soldier of Fortune II (5 bucks at your local game shop), wich all run on my old computer (Athlon XP 1600+) look better than your top-of-the-line-latest-release-Xbox360 game. Period.

O, btw, I forgot to mention all the extras you get with a PC. Like free software. You can do basically anything. Burn CD's, send email's....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom