Connecting a PS3 to an iMac (21.5 - 3.6GHz)

Status
Not open for further replies.

madkow

Beta member
Bought back in October 2010.

Firstly
- Is it possible?

Secondly
- If not, what would I need for this to be possible? A different monitor or what?

Thirdly
- How smoothly would the game play run?

Let me know if I'm missing an important question in all this. Not an expert with tech stuff sadly.

As far as I know it isn't possible. There is no input for the screen since it's all internal

Not with an IMAC im afraid, yeah its all built into the screen, there may be a VGA out but thats it tops i would expect.

You can buy a HDMI capable monitor in england for about £150, full HD 24" 300 for a small 32 tv those would do.

Recommend a certain monitor that will work with what I'm asking? Wouldn't have to install an operating system first right? Just plug the PS3 into it and it'd work?

I dont know where you live, so i couldnt say what a good price for a monitor is, unless you're english :p but if you browse computer/tech websites or stores for a certain size.

as long as they have a HDMI input then they'll work. for the specs you'll want something 1080p to get the best out of the ps3/bluray. higher contrast ratio means a broader range of colours

Look for any good sized, 1080p monitor that has built in speakers, and an HDMI port, and you would be good to go. Don't be surprised if they are a bit expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom