CoD:WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno about a 3850 doing max...a 4850 will though.

3850 should do max, i mean its the cod4 engine which scales very well.

Sure I could buy a few things to be able to run it, but I was talking about with my current system. And I think if I upgrade anything it should be my cpu, its holding me back the most. But I dont plan on buying anything at present

You have a 7950GT and have issues running cod4?

You should be playing high settings at 1440x900 with a good 40fps. world at war should be almost the same in terms of performance.

Sure I could buy a few things to be able to run it, but I was talking about with my current system. And I think if I upgrade anything it should be my cpu, its holding me back the most. But I dont plan on buying anything at present

um my 7950gt 256 maxed out call of duty 4 you just need a duel core cpu, get a cheap core 2 duo. YouTube - Call of Duty 4 Demo Gameplay i only could do med with my amd4000+ single core chip, one of the fastest single core chips ever produced. rican hes on a single core cpu that is his problem cod4 is very cpu dependant. it takes up to 3 cores on load sometime for me.

After seeing gameplay video of WAW, I wasn't very impressed with the game. Will wait till it comes out to make further judgements, but as of yet I don't think I will be buying the game

how are you not impressed??

I see cod4 in wwII mode....

The gameplay video I watched on the PC powerplay dvd looked basically like the older Call of Duty's. And the A.I.... I mean what A.I, the enemy basically just ran straight towards the player.

I will admit that co-op is a nice addition, but I just can't see it being as good as COD-4. Keep in mind this game and COD4 are made by completely different company's.

Will wait for a proper review though before I decide on whether I will get it.

The gameplay video I watched on the PC powerplay dvd looked basically like the older Call of Duty's. And the A.I.... I mean what A.I, the enemy basically just ran straight towards the player.

I will admit that co-op is a nice addition, but I just can't see it being as good as COD-4. Keep in mind this game and COD4 are made by completely different company's.

Meh, single player in FPS games for me are just a bonus. The multiplayer looks pretty much like cod4, which I like. http://www.g4tv.com/trailers/videos/29334/Call_of_Duty_World_at_War__Beta_Multiplayer_Gameplay.html

I honestly dont know how you can say it looks like the older call of dutys, when its using the cod4 engine and looks imo like cod4....i have cod1 and cod2, and it looks nothing like them..... just look at the beta video.

I honestly dont know how you can say it looks like the older call of dutys, when its using the cod4 engine and looks imo like cod4....i have cod1 and cod2, and it looks nothing like them..... just look at the beta video.

The CoD4 engine is the same engine as CoD1 and CoD2, and probably CoD3. They all use the Quake III engine.

The CoD4 engine is the same engine as CoD1 and CoD2, and probably CoD3. They all use the Quake III engine.

This is not true:

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare runs on a proprietary engine and with features that include true world-dynamic lighting, HDR lighting effects, dynamic shadows, and depth of field.[8] "Bullet Penetration" is calculated by the engine, taking into account factors such as surface type and entity thickness. Certain objects, such as cars and some buildings, are destructible. This makes distinguishing cover from concealment important, as the protection provided by objects such as wooden fences and thin walls do not completely protect players from harm. Bullet speed and stopping power are decreased after penetrating an object, and the decrease is dependent on the thickness and surface type of the object. The game makes use of a dynamic physics engine, not implemented in previous Call of Duty titles. Death animations are a combination of pre-set animations and ragdoll physics. Console versions of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare run at a consistent 60 frames per second.[8] Code was included to determine spawning points based on the nearby weapons, and enemy positions and line of sight. The various criteria are meant to minimize players dying immediately after rejoining a match.[22]
The game engine is also being used for two upcoming Activision games. An enhanced version of the original engine is being used for the next game in the Call of Duty series, Call of Duty: World at War,[25] while a slightly altered version will be used for the James Bond video game Quantum of Solace.[26]

Some more info:
Call of Duty HQ - Content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom