Capture card vs Gaming PC?

zsollila

Baseband Member
So I have been debating for countless hours on which to get so I decided to form this discussion. I'll share my pros and cons and you can share yours.

So which one: Capture Card vs. Gaming PC?

Pros for capture card:
Less costly
More portable (with exception of mITX builds)
Little FPS drops

Cons:
Most require a computer
Cable management can get messy
For commentary, you need a seperate mic

Pros for Gaming PC:
You get a full-on Computer
A majority of houses have a PC
Steam Summer Sale, need I say more?

Cons:
Prone to FPS dropping in-game
Costly unless a budget build is occurring
Viruses

So what are your thoughts? Capture Card or Gaming PC?

I don't understand how you are comparing the two. Is this a 'what should I get' style thread or...?
if you are an avid console player who isn't interested in pc gaming, then capture card.
Otherwise I recommend gaming PC with a strong enough build that can play and record yourself playing with free recording software like OBS or another being offered by Nvidia supposedly.

Well if you don't have a current High end Gaming PC and you want to play PC games on high settings I would suggest a Gaming PC but if you currently have one that is up to snuff I guess capture card. And a nice one that does not require a computer is the Live Gamer Pro from Aver media. Just posted about capture cards in another thread If you play a lot of console games and want to record that way then I would suggest going with the Live gamer portable but you can build a rather nice gaming PC for rather cheap. I built mine for $450 a month or so ago and that's with everything except the capture card. That was a gift from a family member. But you can get a rather nice workable capture card for $90.99 so add that to the build and you have a $540 nice gaming PC and that's on the cheap side of it. you don't really have to make much of a compromise if you want to get them both.

Well if you don't have a current High end Gaming PC and you want to play PC games on high settings I would suggest a Gaming PC but if you currently have one that is up to snuff I guess capture card. And a nice one that does not require a computer is the Live Gamer Pro from Aver media. Just posted about capture cards in another thread If you play a lot of console games and want to record that way then I would suggest going with the Live gamer portable but you can build a rather nice gaming PC for rather cheap. I built mine for $450 a month or so ago and that's with everything except the capture card. That was a gift from a family member. But you can get a rather nice workable capture card for $90.99 so add that to the build and you have a $540 nice gaming PC and that's on the cheap side of it. you don't really have to make much of a compromise if you want to get them both.

you can really build a decent gaming comuter for $450 i always thought it was like a grand to get a decent one. I have always wanted a computer but wasnt willing to pay the nuts price

450 is stretching it a bit, but for 550 my friend bought this and I assembled it for him. It plays any game out there right now, including Crysis 3 and Last Light. Sorry, photo looks terrible.

20130719_220934.jpg

The OP made a thread and for 750 he is getting basically the same thing except a 660 and 1TB drive, or if he pushes his budget a bit a 760.

you can really build a decent gaming comuter for $450 i always thought it was like a grand to get a decent one. I have always wanted a computer but wasnt willing to pay the nuts price

Does that mean you'll be joining me and rhu on PC soon?

450 is stretching it a bit, but for 550 my friend bought this and I assembled it for him. It plays any game out there right now, including Crysis 3 and Last Light. Sorry, photo looks terrible.
Lol, that's such a huge case for such a tiny motherboard. Hey, lots of space though.

Back
Top Bottom