Cant Reinstall Rome Total War

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOGA

Daemon Poster
I felt like playing Rome total war so I reinstalled it and tried to install the updates.

When I got to 1.3 update I ran into a problem that forced a reinstall.

But It wouldn't let me. So I tried to delete the local files. Now it thinks its still installed in my computer when I put in the CD but cant try uninstalling it again.

What can i Do?

Thanks, Noga

is it in the add and remove files section in control panel? if so try deleting it.

also try this software:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=2439

it has a 21 day trial.

if that fails you might have to go through the reg, could try downloading Ccleaner located in my sig. Then once installed click the issues button and scan then delete all the reg entries it finds.

If it still fails you might have to go in the reg manually and get rid of them all :(

for the first software you posted how do i use that to uninstall the game files?

CCleaner should pick up all relevent reg entries for you and let you remove them easily, if you are having the trouble you can remove them manualy, the following should be the apropriate ones to delete,

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/

then under which ever company made the game or the game name you will see a list of entries, the ones for rome total war you can delete.

The other entries are under HKEY/LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/
CurrentVersion/Installer/Folders/

I don't have the game so I don't know if it put other entries in, check HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/ on the off chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom