nikhibuk

Solid State Member
Athlon 2100+ processor
512Mb Ram
40Gig HD
Geforce 4 Graphics Card
NForce2 Mobo
Windows XP

Hi guys, I have a problem that isn't desperately serious but annoying all the same, sorry if I'm not in the right forum but it seemed the most appropriate.

Recently I managed to find copies of some old graphic adventures I used to play on my Amiga, namely the 'leisure suit larry collection' and 'Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis'. So far Iv'e only tried LSL 1 + 2 and Indy but after Iv'e played them for a specific amount of time my computer resets itself and I get a message come up saying my computer has recovered from a serious error, this can occur after 10 minutes of 1 hour. The error signiture is:

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : 80596908 BCP3 : A727FAD8
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 1_0 Product : 256_1

When I click on technical information I get:

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini072104-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Nik\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

I can play modern games all day with no problems so its obviously some kind of compatability issue, does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

Nik

Did you try going into the properties window of the .exe file for the game and playing with the compatibility? Try setting the compatibility for win95 and check all the other boxes in the window.

I remember being able to play those kind of games on a friends' computer that had win95 a bunch of years ago, so maybe this might work for you.

PS: leisure suit larry is awesome, and they're coming out with a new one:D

Try making a partition and install DOS on the partition, if you know how to use it....

Make another patiton but install win98 in it. Run your games in win98... Xp does not like old games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom