Call of Duty: Black Ops will have Dedicated Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I expected Treyarch wouldn't try and pull the same bs. This means free map packs again too :).

Are those only for people who pirated the game or are people with legit copies able to get on them without risking their steam account?

Yes you can run them on both... There are ways to make MW2 Unbannable but we can't talk about that here.

I will probably pick this one up as it looks very interesting. I want to see some demo and game play trailers first though.

i dont really mind either way. just for the simple fact that i console game when i play call of duty. lol
89.jpg

Too bad it's made by Treyarch. IMO they did an extremely bad job with COD3, and COD 5. I hope COD7 is the next COD4 but I don't have high hopes for it.

Too bad it's made by Treyarch. IMO they did an extremely bad job with COD3, and COD 5. I hope COD7 is the next COD4 but I don't have high hopes for it.

Well cod5 pretty much is a cod4 mod so what you are saying doesn't make much sense. There are a lot of people that seem to agree with your logic though, so I suppose there is a way to make sense of it. Cod5 is my favorite cod so far though.

I couldn't get into CoD5 because I don't like WWII shooters...too many of them, and I don't particularly like the guns in 'em.

IMO the portion of this game set in Vietnam is going to look absolutely terrible thanks to the games outdated engine.

Well cod5 pretty much is a cod4 mod so what you are saying doesn't make much sense. There are a lot of people that seem to agree with your logic though, so I suppose there is a way to make sense of it. Cod5 is my favorite cod so far though.

Yes, COD5 does run on COD4's engine but that doesn't mean its going to be good (Treyarch finds ways to screw things up). I played the Beta for about an hour and after that I thought the game was garbage. I chose not to buy the game when it was released because after playing the beta and my knowledge of what Treyarch has done with COD I knew the game was going to be crap. Most of my friends bought it and said it was amazing. Three months later they all came back to COD4 and agreed with me that the only good part about COD5 was nazi zombies. It's all opinion, my favorite is COD4, yours is COD5, I don't think that COD7 will be all that great because of Treyarch's history but I hope it's another COD4.

Just curious. What is it that they screwed up? I liked the addition of bullet impact, and the map layouts were more friendly imo. You could move around it more easily. There were less bottle-necks than in the cod4 maps, so it was harder for people to just sit and wait in the high traffic area places and wait. Obviously the pro campers did not like this. That is all the really skilled players were, good at camping. I sort of a had a clan for cod4, and even though I didn't really get into it, I got enough understanding of the matches that they were all about holding the best camping spots. If your team had all of them, you won. I hated playing like that though. I like moving around constantly, so I like cod5. Of course if you didn't like wwII guns, you wouldn't much care for the game either, but that is nothing Treyarch could help.

A skilled team in cod4 doesn't just camp. A skilled team would be able to pick off campers with nades and would then not need to worry about since most cod4 tournies and leagues are all pro mod S&D

Yeah, they used those mods. I know they played cw tdm and s&d. The TDM worked out to be very campish. I know I went through a training session on crash, and we just got to the points were we could cover all the possible ways the other team could come from their spawn and it was auto win. And S&D is a game mode based off camping two locations, so there is that.

Idk, obviously a lot of people like that. A lot of people like to camp. Maybe not camp in a corner and wait for people to run by, but more advanced camping I guess. For me, video games are for fun, not for trying to show off how big my e-peen is with my 1337 skillz. I like the more intense action of always being on the move and surprising my enemies all the time, and cod5 allowed me to do it better, so I liked it more. I really don't care whatsoever if it wasn't as good for all the pro players. But hey, everyone is allowed to like what they like :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom