Call of Duty: Black Ops will have Dedicated Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Call of Duty: Black Ops will have Dedicated Servers

It looks like all of the complaining over Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2's lack of dedicated servers actually did pay off. I figured it wasn't going to make a difference since people still bought Modern Warfare 2 regardless.

"We do work very hard to reconcile the desire to manipulate and modify those dedicated servers with offering them the persistent experience and benefits that the console system provides."

Well since they exist for MW2 anyway I think they just resigned to the fact that people will play the game by their own rules.

Yeah, I expected Treyarch wouldn't try and pull the same bs. This means free map packs again too :).

Well since they exist for MW2 anyway I think they just resigned to the fact that people will play the game by their own rules.

Are those only for people who pirated the game or are people with legit copies able to get on them without risking their steam account?

Are those only for people who pirated the game or are people with legit copies able to get on them without risking their steam account?
I don't know for sure since I have it on 360, but I believe both are able to access them without trouble.

Yeah, I expected Treyarch wouldn't try and pull the same bs. This means free map packs again too :).

Treyarch to the rescue!

Speaking as a gamer only on the 360 i can understand PC users frustrations. Surely dedicated servers should be there anyway! - Seems silly...

Off topic slightly, only reason i've now stopped playing MW2 is all the hackers and boosters...grinds my gears :(

I haven't been able to access dedi server if they use punkbuster or w/e it is in the past...

Did you update it? I had a similar problem at one point where I had to manually update punkbuster, and gave it run-as-admin powers by manually find thing the punkbuster file as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom