Buy 360 or hold out for PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
um... you like big snipped what Spartan666????! Bwahahahah... ahem, sorry... and futureproof? Nah. Considering many of the newest and greatest vid cards cost ALMOST as much as a new console? That arguement doesn't hold water. Yes, you can upgrade with a top of the line expensive vid card, proc and add more memory or you could get the latest console for the same or cheaper (if you got all three upgrades).

I like Spartan's post... it tries to appear unbiased and logical in the beginning then strays off into biased comments and then a very illogical statement. Computers are much less future proof than consoles actually. Let's say the average console lasts 5 years, I think it's a good bet that most people need to and do upgrade their computer less than every 5 years to keep up with gaming.
And then, the PC ends up being more of an investment than even the PS3.

If you can finally dish out the money to get a top-end computer it will last you a while. But the exception is that the video card will have to be DX10 to use the latest technology. But since the G80 is set for September and the R600 for Octoberish/Novemberish it won't be long before DX10 hits retail.

But you would also have to buy Vista for it (only when using DX10, you can still use DX10 cards in XP).

Anyway I never liked the PS2 controller that much once I started to use the xbox s controller and the great 360 controller and since Sony is sticking with their standard controller I will probably perfer games on the 360.

I would wait on the 360, it sounds like there are quite a few bugs they need to work out on it. Personally I am waiting for all three of the new consoles to come out before I decide. I'm happy with what I have right now.

Well it's almost been a month that I had my 360 and I don't notice any bugs so far. No overheating, constant freezing (it froze twice in Oblivion but that can be expected), and I even moved the console with a disk inside and it didn't scratch it up like I've heard from reports. I think most of the major and annoying bugs have been exterminated.

Just buy all 3 next-gen consoles....it will only be like $1400 + games... 1400/10(average wage) = 140hrs of work! yay!

Sony confirmed in this article i read they want to kill out the 'Computer' because a PS3 'supposidly' can do everything a computer can do...

I love my X360. Playing Dead Rising right now. Project Gotham Racing 3 alone is enough for any racing fans to get it. The real graphics to X360 haven't even been released yet, they are supposedly holding back until the other consoles drop then Microsoft is supposed to capitalize on the unused power.

I think PS3 is making a mistake. The USA is in recession and overpriced gadgets aren't a good idea in my opinion.

Wii will dominate all.

I'm going to pass on the PS3, I'm just going to get a G80 or R600 card this Christmas. You can't ignore the RTS madness that is to come:

C&C 3: Tiberium Wars
Medieval 2: Total War
Supreme Commander
Company of Heroes
World in Conflict
War Front: Turning Point
WarHammer: mark of Chaos
Maelstrom

Also Spore is looking incredible. Those nay sayers about PC gaming can suck on those titles, and that is only one genre! (the one genre that almost fails to be succesful on consoles save for BFME2; but even then what is simple on the PC is hard to manage on the 360)

Also if you haven't heard the PS3's GPU is going to be downgraded. The "RSX" (the GPU) clock speed has been slashed by 10% and it's memory too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom