Buy 360 or hold out for PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yah i never realized how much I enjoyed gaming until I have been buying tons of cheap ps2 games the past few months. I actually might wait awhile to get a next-gen system. I mean honestly... has anyone who owns a ps2 here played all of the "good" games out on the system? GOWII, Valk Profile II, Okami, and FFXIII will hold me out awhile too.

Games are definately too pricey.

aaronkupen said:
Just check out the games that will be available on both systems and pick the system that has the most games that you want. That's the best way to decide, don't be persuaded by articles or other people. Make the decision for yourself based on your tastes.

Now this is a smart and practical person.

Just keep in mind that both are more than just "gaming consoles." The price tag of the PS3 is supposedly going to turn a lot of Sony fans away (it probably will), but you are paying for something that can do more than just play games. That is the main purpose, but that's not the only thing they can do. Hopefully the PS3 will have even more features than the 360 and maybe some cool ways to communicate with PSPs.

i've got a 360 and i love it. the online is great with all the downloadable stuff. get a 360!

Overblik, you are correct. But I buy a gaming console to play games, all those other clicks and whistles don't really matter much to me. Truthfully, I was even fine with ps2's online system -- if I got to play the game online then I was happy.

aaronkupen said:
Overblik, you are correct. But I buy a gaming console to play games, all those other clicks and whistles don't really matter much to me. Truthfully, I was even fine with ps2's online system -- if I got to play the game online then I was happy.
I agree with you and I say most people that buy the PS3 or XBOX 360 use it mainly to play games. That is the point of a gaming console anyway. That being said, are you going to get the Wii? Looks like it wins in the gameplay category.

Yah, I probably will get the wii eventually. One thing I do have against nintendo though is that although they concentrate on games more than the other two big names.... I still don't see the necessary variety in their game titles. Sometimes I don't want to play a game with mario of the classic nintendo characters in them, and there are very few very good games that don't concentrate on them.

I'm not spending 400 bucks for something that can play music and watch movies, I have my computer for that. I buy a console to play games, the LIVE marketplace is a nice feature but really I mostly use it for downloading demos and game-related stuff. I would rather buy a blu-ray burner then a PS3 depending where the price is at.

A "high profile urban game" is under negotionation for exclusive rights for Microsoft, although I doubt the rumor that it could be GTA.

I still hear people calling the 360 the next Dreamcast (meaning once the playstation hits it's going to be obliterated) but for something like a console to be established for a whole year, around 20 or 25% of a console's lifespan, with no competition will make that impossible.

i would say that if you REALLY have to get a gaming console, you should decide based on your tastes. If you like FPS's, get the 360. If you like crappy Japanese RPG's, get the PS3, and if you like Nintendo, get the Wii.

Otherwise, I would recommend saving up and spending it on a PC, the only TRULY FUTUREPROOF platform for gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom