Borderlands - Straight From Gearbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlord20

Fully Optimized
http://tinyurl.com/38abx2c

Borderlands – Straight from Gearbox
Posted on September 5, 2010 by overlord20

Today Gearbox announced a lot of things about Borderlands.

The biggest deal of the Keynote would be the FREE level cap raise via a patch. This will raise the cap by 8 levels to… You guessed it 69… :D This patch will release sometime between DLC number four and the Game of the Year edition.

The second huge thing was the balance patch that will be released. You may think what needs balanced. Well after you play through and beat general knoxx you are normally at level 61 and replaying the game is easy and boring. Well that is all true. So the next patch (coming before the level cap increase) will balance out the game and DLC to any level. So if you are a level 61 Brick and you want to replay the main game or the DLC it will automatically balance the game to your level.

Third and last about Borderlands is a release date of the 4th DLC, Clap Traps New Robot Revolution(CTNRR). It will land on September 28th for all with the Game of the Year edition of Borderlands hitting in October a couple weeks later.

There is no announcement if this CTNRR will be the last of the DLC. But you never know as they thought General Knoxx's DLC was going to be the last.

Gearbox admitted “We really screwed up” when it comes to the finale of the the original game, “The Vault”. They wished they would have added more and they released all the loot runs in General Knoxx as an apology for the rather dull, reward-less ending of the original game.

We will soon get to hear the back story of the Borderlands characters in comic book form. We will also be seeing some action figures and toys hitting the shelves of stores sometime in October.

Gearbox really really loves this game.. They also wanted to let everyone know that they have not forgot about Brothers In Arms.. And a Aliens game MIGHT be in production but there is nothing official.

Interestingly i have just got the game for the 2nd time with all the DLC's. Not played much only rank 10 so far and it seems decent, better than when i first played it for some reason. Not sure i will get all the way up to rank 61 as just like MMO's i tend to die out and get bored 1/3rd to a 1/2 the way there.

I had a hard time getting into Borderlands when I first got it but then a few buddies of mine got it and I think we averaged about 6 hours a day for a month playing. It was a blast. I'm glad they care about the game and cant wait for the new DLC. I'll have to play some more before it comes out. I lost my character when I upgraded.

I new it would be a matter of time before they did a GOTY edition. Sadly, the only DLC that I am currently missing is Claptraps Robot Revolution. However i will collect that off steam the next time they have a sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom