Bomshell: Bioware founders leaving company

I second that notion...WOW.

I hope the studio can continue making (in general) good games, as I loved the ME series.

Best of luck to them both.

Yeah I hope the make Dragon age 3 more like Origins because I freekin love Origins easily one of my favs of this gen. Its just such an awesome story I have to go buy a new copy

It was the power of the god-child. He had the power to make years of Sheperds's work irrelevant, and apparently that power also extended to the Bioware founders.

It was the power of the god-child. He had the power to make years of Sheperds's work irrelevant, and apparently that power also extended to the Bioware founders.

I honestly think this is a huge part of it. I don't know the whole story involving Drew Karpyshyn leaving the project with ME3, but the direction they went with the whole star child was a huge mistake.

Listen, if someone creates a universe and tells a story, whether that is in a game, a movie, a book, whatever, it's their story. You may like how some end, and others you may not. In the case of Mass Effect, I personally think it was absolutely terrible because not only was it so cheesy and out of right field, it also contained so many plot holes and things that went against established lore.

With that being said however, as disappointed as I was, I don't agree with holding a company hostage to change an ending because no one liked it. This is where I have the problem:

"It's not even in any way like the traditional game endings, where you can say how many endings there are or whether you got ending A, B, or C" - Casey Hudson

BioWare marketed the game by making promises and statements such as this, we paid for the game expecting this, and yet we got the exact opposite. THAT'S where I am for giving BioWare the hell that they received from the fan base. If you went online and ordered a blue, men's XL polo shirt and received a green men's small shirt, would you be angry? I would, and I would contact the company immediately for either a refund or the correct order to be shipped to me. Why should a game be any different? If I'm paying $60, plus tax, plus $10 for day one important story DLC, am told I am getting X, but then after all of that get Y, yeah, I'm going to be a little ticked off.

I think them stepping down is a mixture of admitting that they screwed up, and not having it in them to go through this again should something similar happen.

Isn't surprising in the least. Any company EA gobbles up they leave in the cemetery.
Don't expect a DA3 after this, and if they do it's a cash cow project and it wont be any good.

Hey, if they don't have the passion for the games anymore, they don't need to be dragging the company down. Sad to see them go, they did create a great company, but I guess people move on.

That being said, ME3's ending was a bit of a letdown, though I wasn't as upset as some people were. The choices between Paragon and Renegade were kinda crazy if you think about it, on a level where you have to debate your own morality...either control or destroy all the machines including EDI and the Geth? Really tough choice. The Synergy option just kinda made the morality of everything a moot since it's the "everyone wins" scenario. Though every ending was "everyone loses" essentially, since all the mass relays were destroyed...sigh.

I haven't done the new endings yet though.

Hey, if they don't have the passion for the games anymore, they don't need to be dragging the company down. Sad to see them go, they did create a great company, but I guess people move on.

That being said, ME3's ending was a bit of a letdown, though I wasn't as upset as some people were. The choices between Paragon and Renegade were kinda crazy if you think about it, on a level where you have to debate your own morality...either control or destroy all the machines including EDI and the Geth? Really tough choice. The Synergy option just kinda made the morality of everything a moot since it's the "everyone wins" scenario. Though every ending was "everyone loses" essentially, since all the mass relays were destroyed...sigh.

I haven't done the new endings yet though.
I think they are more so leaving because EA is a giant POS, rather than not having that feel for games. Probably a "we will tell the media this, but the real reason is this" kind of thing. I wouldn't doubt another game company pops up in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom