Blood Dragon

Cool. My only concern is, how long/big is the game. Online leaks say it is approx 2.8 GB and estimating the full release to be 3-3.5gb Don't want to purchase it for only 4 hours worth...unless those 4 hours are completely BA to a whole new level.

Oh well, guess i'll take the risk anyways. Can't go wrong with multiple colored laser FX's =p

You get fight dinosaurs that shoot lasers out of their eyes... that alone sold me lol

The dinosaur at the end...why couldn't BF4 have included dinosaurs? That alone guarantees a purchase from me.

Reviews are starting...

PCMag.com gives it 4/5

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (Xbox 360) Review & Rating | PCMag.com

PROS
An incredible synth-heavy Power Glove score. Fun nods to classic action movies. Thrilling shooting action. Wide-array of weaponry. Dinosaurs that shoot lasers from their eyes.
CONS
Can't customize how to level up Rex "Power" Colt. Some one-liners feel forced
BOTTOM LINE
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon combines nukes, dinosaurs, cybernetic warriors, lasers, and neon into an exciting mix that recalls the heyday of '80s action movies.

Joystiq gives it 4.5/5

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon review: Neon Genesis Elation | Joystiq

The year is 20xx, and the world is starved ... of imagination. An evil army of soulless game clones is hell-bent on taking over The Industry. No one is brave enough or mad enough to stop them from reshaping the gaming landscape into their drab, browny-grey vision.

No one ... except one spin-off game, a retro-fueled commando powered by the twin suns of Parody and Crazy. That game is Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon.

And it is most excellent.

IGN gives it a 8.0

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Review - IGN

THE VERDICT

Blood Dragon's playful focus on humor, nostalgia, and self-aware absurdity allows it to delve into a subject far more important than African arms races or tropical sociopaths: Video games are really, really fun. This comical, explosive shooter takes everything that makes Far Cry 3's gunplay great and dresses it in the kind of wit and over-the-top fun that Duke Nukem Forever is so desperately missing. Blood Dragon is a different beast – and it's something you shouldn't miss.

N4G gives it 9/10

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Review | Gamer Limit | N4G

Overall, some really positive reviews...

Wot I Think: Far Cry 3 – Blood Dragon | Rock, Paper, Shotgun

'Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon' is an acid trip on the back of a neon T-Rex | The Verge

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon review • Reviews • Xbox 360 • Eurogamer.net

I'll get it but first I need to finish tomb raider. This will be half price on steam by late summer do I might just wait.

Far cry 3 was my goty lady year. So much fun.

I played this last night and my initial impression is this:

1) I suck at First Person Shooters
2) Controls are what you would expect
3) There are a lot of humorous moments, but a lot seem forced as well
4) Some of the "humor" pointing out how frustrating some games can be with tutorials and pop-ups ends up just being... frustrating. So... ha ha, now can we move on?
5) Dinosaurs that shoot lasers out of their eyes are awesome!
6) Visually, there's a lot of eye candy.
7) This is what Duke Nukem Forever wanted to be.
8) No 80ish cartoons as of yet (not like the trailer), but the cut scene graphics are very reminiscent of the old NES games, only with voice actors instead of captions.
9) The soundtrack screams 80's action movie

Overall, it's a fun game, but not a must have. It would have been cool to have some sort of MP aspect as well.

Back
Top Bottom