Bioshock... Worth Playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now FEAR is a game that gave me the creeps. Really does have that 'jumpy' horror factor.

I never bought the game but I distinctively remember the demo. Its first person mind so makes it even more creepier. I walk up to a ladder, press the key to grab it, turn around and begin climing down and as you turn around and put your feet on the ladder a little girl that resembles the girl from 'The Ring' is just staring at you in your face. Scared the sh*t out of me first time.

Is it that scary? I've been googling and it seems people think its more disturbing and creepy then scary... but I'm not sure which is worse for me... I think disturbing things are worse for me since I tend to think about things and reflect on things that happen...

Anyways to make it less scary? :happy:
It's disturbing and creepy. If you get a good video card and Direct X 10, the game is scary.

I playied it once on my old Geforce 7800GS card under windows Xp. It was disturbing. And then I playied the game again on my ATi HD3870 under Windows Vista. With the improvements on my video card and Direct X 10, the game did scare me from time to time. Not as much as Doom III, Fear, or Resident Evil, but it did scare.

Apart from that. Bug report and DRM set aside, it's a rather enjoyable and replayable single person FPS.

For some reason I find Half-Life 1 scary too. The graphics are pretty bad nowadays but when I was in a pitch black area and I heard that weird sound the HL1 zombies made I had to save and stop playing for a bit lol.

For some reason I find Half-Life 1 scary too. The graphics are pretty bad nowadays but when I was in a pitch black area and I heard that weird sound the HL1 zombies made I had to save and stop playing for a bit lol.

The Legacy of Kain and Soul Reaver series would occasionally make me jump. Good thing the series has ended and there shall be no more Legacy of Kain games that scare me to death at 3 in the morning.

Reminds me of the time I let my friend play F.E.A.R. on my computer. Turned the lights off and turn the volume way up. As soon as the main bad guy came around the corner he jumped like a foot in the air and was clicking away at the mouse. It was pretty funny.

In any case theres nothing to be afraid of. The people in the game aren't going to jump out of the screen and stab you. We don't get that feature till DX12.

LOL! That will be the day...

but yeah, I guess so

I tried playing FEAR but meh, it freaked me out, I don't like immense amounts of gore in a scary atmosphere lol... in something like GEARs, gore is fine, same with Soldier of Fortune, but in a small hallway with dead little girls!?

Hopefully I'll get it today or tomorrow, I'll have loads of fun with the game... not to mention Demigod which I have the beta for!

you know what's funny, i used to be really scared and uptight playing the very first Resident Evil (Biohazard) on Playstation. Nowadays, I think only Silent Hill series, Siren: Blood Curse and the famous Fatal Frame can make me scared, Fatal Frame is the best one! Yea you try turning off sound and turn up the volume...oh yea.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom