Bioshock... Worth Playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

commandercup

cuPWNED
Well... I'm one of the class of gamers who hate horror/scary games... and although I don't know if Bioshock is classified as one... I'd really love to play through it since it did receive amazing scores...

I've got a copy on its way to me which I bought for $12 shipped... but I don't know if I can fully enjoy the game.

Is it that scary? I've been googling and it seems people think its more disturbing and creepy then scary... but I'm not sure which is worse for me... I think disturbing things are worse for me since I tend to think about things and reflect on things that happen...

Anyways to make it less scary? :happy:

^no offense dude, but if you can't play bio shock then you shouldn't be playing video games :) (unless your 8)

It really is not that disturbing, it is in the odd few spots, like for some, beating a guy to death with a golf club (as a cut scene) could be disturbing, but it kinda funny, and not in some sick way, it was just kinda funny lol. Im not sure if you can turn down gore in the game, but there really wasn't a whole lot, but i guess you could find out when you get it.

***The next bit could be considered a bit of a spoiler about the main enemies in the game, but not really.**

There are some quite frightening spots though, like where the lights go out and splicers jump at your from different directions. Or sometimes when your dealing with one on one splicers they will sometimes shoot at you then run away and hide, then jump out at you, or some splicers can appear right beside you, or some run on the ceiling and stuff.

Harvesting the little girls could be disturbing to you i guess, well you can rescue them also.

Well i guess my first comment in this post is not right, as i guess some of this stuff could be found very disturbing to some. But unless your like afraid of the dark, it's not really gonna bother you lol.

Bioshock is awesome, though i can understand where you are coming from as I'm not a fan of tense games where things jump at you.

I watched my friend play most of the game and there are a few spots where you will wtf. As long as you don't screw with the big daddy's to much and watch out for splicers, it's not too scary.

meh... well something I saw on a different forum (googled) said that the reason why some people don't like horror games is because you can't just close your eyes and get away from it unlike a movie... because you have to actually control your avatar lol

I'll try it out, hopefully it won't freak me out... but yeah, I'm not afraid of the dark...

^lol

Don't worry. I think my timidness towards horror games comes from playing Resident Evil when i was young. 11pm at night screaming because we just saw something move. ^^

For some reason I'm okay with most horror games but RE4 scared the **** out of me. Man I couldn't stand those alien dogs :p

BioShock was perfectly fine for me though.

Reminds me of the time I let my friend play F.E.A.R. on my computer. Turned the lights off and turn the volume way up. As soon as the main bad guy came around the corner he jumped like a foot in the air and was clicking away at the mouse. It was pretty funny.

In any case theres nothing to be afraid of. The people in the game aren't going to jump out of the screen and stab you. We don't get that feature till DX12.

^lol

Don't worry. I think my timidness towards horror games comes from playing Resident Evil when i was young. 11pm at night screaming because we just saw something move. ^^

Man I loved the resi games. Never have played 4 mind, but 1 and 2 are absolute classics in my eyes. In fact that reminds me, ive been searching for somewhere to buy the PC version of 1 or 2.

Ill try ebay.

Yes, Resident evil gave me hours and hours of fun.

I remember playing them on my old playstation....RE2 was my favorite!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom